VioletFlame

Looking Through Windows

7 posts in this topic

So I've been partaking in something rather fulfilling for years but especially more recently and I thought I'd share this with my fellow self-actualizers. ❤️

One of my most favorite things to do in life is to look out the window of a moving car or vehicle and study the world. Does anyone else here like to do this? I absolutely love just sitting alone on a bus, traveling somewhere long distance or leading to nowhere (not always necessarily knowing where I am heading) and just scanning every erratic thing that passes by, every fleeting moment, just quietly witnessing these random ephemeral scenarios in real time, contemplating and excitedly embracing the exquisite evanescence of life.

It's one of my most sacred things to do for myself really because it's so meditative and always leaves me feeling so rejuvenated either through tears or jaw-aching smiles with fresh momentum and exhilaration towards life and all of its perpetual possibilities and wonderful opportunities for more and more insight. By the time I get off the bus I'm telling you I'm as high as a kite.

I find myself receiving some of my most profound realizations, insights and synchronicities when I'm simply just looking out of a window, through calm observance and internal guidance. When I am not worried about a map or a clock or "finding my way" or searching for a hidden answer/message to something, but instead just consciously noticing everything occurring as it is out of mere curiosity and love for everything (seen and unseen), I then undoubtedly receive these unavoidable signs as they miraculously and naturally appear. I believe there to be many of winks from the Universe (or inner cosmos, if you will) constantly twinkling around us (or within us) or tapping us on the shoulder, so to speak. But not too many people pay enough attention so instead they choose to remain confused or doubtful or cynical when they can't solve their life's greatest questions or when things aren't going their way. Instead to them what occurs through their peripheral vision or beyond their imagination is only to be underestimated as "illusion". I can't stress enough how important and helpful I've found it is to simply look around you, and you will see.

I think there's something truly powerful about the combination of experiencing kinetic energy whilst remaining still, and also being actively present and lucid of what's spontaneously happening around us, so kind of like a method of public open eye meditation. Sometimes I get so lost and enthralled in simply focusing on what's occurring outside of the window that I don't even want to stop anywhere. . .I don't even want to approach my destination because I'd rather it be like this unlimited, never-ending ride and just remain comfortably lost in this observant trance-like state of mind, perception, thought and curiosity, with no exact, over-arching explanation.

I find there to be a massive sense of arrival in the act of departure itself.

But then again, before the cord is pulled and the bus stops I must remind myself that now I must escape my momentary inner-Utopian space and bravely confront the outside world, behind the glass. I must also remind myself that indeed nothing is permanent and this is exactly what I admire, the transportation of continuous greetings and goodbyes.

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

What wonderful imagery ? 

As I awoke this morning, I was in a lucid space with Little Jackie paper and Puff the Magic Dragon. There was beautiful creative love and imagination within this world of wonder. Then, the child is conditioned into the “real” grown-up world of responsibility, work, seriousness, right and wrong, winners and losers. The innocence dissolves and so does Jackie and Puff. A sense of sadness arises. 

Boarding a bus with no place to go is entering a magical space. A return to Honahlee. Yet, now the innocence has a more mature essence to it. It is not an escape into a fantasy world of pure imagination. Rather, it is a space in which actuality and imagination meet each other and dance to music others don’t seem to hear. The beauty and magnificence of What Is passes through the bus window. A clear window without filters of distortion. And this beauty merges with a mind of curiosity, wonder, creativity and appreciation. And as we gaze out the window at Honahlee, a form of sadness may arise if we reminisce about frolicking in the Autumn Mist. Then, a tear arises as we realize that sitting next to us is that rascal Puff. A Dragon lives forever and together we travel on a bus with billowed sail.

@YaNanNallari  So happy it was :x

@Serotoninluv Thank you ❤️ That is beautiful. ❤️

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

Finding the everywhere in going nowhere is wonderful. Seeking no destination is total exploration. ?

Edited by VioletFlame

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:39 PM, VioletFlame said:

I believe there to be many of winks from the Universe (or inner cosmos, if you will) constantly twinkling around us (or within us) or tapping us on the shoulder, so to speak. But not too many people pay enough attention so instead they choose to remain confused or doubtful or cynical when they can't solve their life's greatest questions or when things aren't going their way.

Ooooo, I agree. The universe is constantly talking to us, but we're deaf to it when we choose instead to listen to the nonstop litany of thoughts that go through our heads. Contentment and understanding materializes when we quiet down, let love in and hear its whispers. A child laughing, a cloud floating by, a squirrel scolding. Any of these may answer questions that we have, if we really observe them without thinking very much.

I love to just sit and watch life life-ing.  :)

What a nice thread you made. Thank you!

@PsiloPutty Exactly dude, right on ?

We are missing such important beautiful aspects of life. Squirrels are such adorable little creatures and clouds don't get enough attention. So many symbols and picturesque meanings are dancing along floating clouds!

Can it not hurt for someone to put down their devices and look up for once? Simply engage in radical awareness and the inter-connectedness of everything that is happening in the now and all around them?

So glad it resonated with you, you're very welcome ?

Edited by VioletFlame