DrewNows

Is Wim Hof "ice man" enlightened?

13 posts in this topic

Catchy title no? :D  Real question: Has anyone else heard of the Wim Hof and his heavy breathing/ice water therapy method? Do you think this has a positive impact on consciousness work? 

He has faced near death multiple times, broken many world records, and is redefining the limitations of science on the body/mind. 

He has created a movement i would call tier 2/post-rational scientific understanding of what the human body is capable of in regards to treating sickness and diseases both mental and physical. Wim is an extraordinary man who is assisting mankind in its paradigm shift to realize the true connection of consciousness

I used to practice it a few years ago and when i learned about Shamanic breathing from Leo, it reminded me of his method only less time consuming. Wim Hof Method basically consists of a few heavy breathing sessions building up the oxygen in the blood/body followed by cold shower or ice bath (depending on the degree of experience). I used to use ice baths for faster recovery when i lifted/played soccer, and this coupled with the breathing made for what i'd call a 'mental reset' and abundance of energy. 

I recommend this video if you have never heard of him! 

"I do not fear death, i fear not to live fully" 

"You become the alchemist of your own chemistry"

And this Joe Rogan podcast if you want to learn more about him as a person! 

"we need to change the way we think" 

Edited by DrewNows

Nice share dude. I always intuitively saw something in breathing in such ways to bring about chemical changes to the body. Which definitely will alter consciousness in some way or another. 

This is fucking hilarious, I just watched the sick video today and have committed to the method. What a synchronicity.

But to answer your question, there are many facets to enlightenment. Is he a non duality master? Probably not. Does he understand the mind-body connection more than probably anyone else? Does he understand the power of the present moment and is able to embody it? Yes to both.

There seems to be a deep wisdom and mental mastery about him... I would say he's pretty enlightened :)

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Beliefs that he's emitting:

Being sick is bad

When your body gets sick it means you're weak and not strong enough

Its common knowledge that your body can get you sick on purpose sometimes to help you extinguish emotions or take other creative paths, take different guidance

What are you going to do, start racing your whole life to never get sick and feel bad when you do?

He definitely has achieved a certain connection with his breathing and his body, but strength is worthless without wisdom, strength and power is never a goal, it is never an achievement

He definitely has some things to share about breathing, I give credit where its due, but he's not very conscious of the negative power beliefs he's spreading

To aim to never be sick is not an achievement,its power chase

to aim to understand why you get sick, the underlying emotions and beliefs, and work with the body to resolve those and as a result experience natural health and harmony on all levels, spiritual, mental, physical, thats the goal

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

@Jack Riverha yeah dude stomach breathing, raising the alkalinity, and increasing the mind/body connection. He refers to the cold as his “god” ?

@TheAvatarStateyeah that’s “sick”! ?

hes never had a guru but in his search for peace he learned about various religions and practices which I’m sure is how he came up with the breathing practice. The podcast really gets into depth on his personal beliefs/philosophies. Appreciate your feedback 

he definitely has come face to face with death which must have shown him the truth of his being. 

Let me know if you have any questions about it! I only do it from time to time nowadays but it’s amazing 

3 minutes ago, Arkandeus said:

Its a hamster wheel

This guy thinks he's strong because he never gets sick, yet how can one be strong if you do everything in your might to avoid being sick? If you cannot tolerate being sick are you really strong?

Beliefs that he's emitting

Being sick is bad

When your body gets sick means it means you're weak and not strong enough

Its common knowledge that your body can get you sick on purpose sometimes to help you extinguish emotions or take other creative paths, take different guidance

What are you going to do, start racing your whole life to never get sick and feel bad when you do?

He definitely has achieved a certain connection with his breathing and his body, but strength is worthless without wisdom, strength and power is never a goal, it is never an achievement

He definitely has some things to share about breathing, I give credit where its due, but he's not very conscious of the negative power beliefs he's spreading

This isn't his goal at all. "Never getting sick" is the clickbait title of someone else's video about his work. If you actually research him, he is extremely conscious and comfortable in his body. He doesn't back away from telling that he got his strength from massive suffering from his wife passing away. Pain is the key, facing your own death is the key to understanding who you are. There are no misunderstandings about that. No shortcuts. 

I suggest you actually research him and watch his podcasts. There's something special there about his psychology that can't be faked. Don't let other people's interpretations of the surface level "gains" of this method fool you. There's deep wisdom to be found here. 

Sent from my iEgo

5 minutes ago, Arkandeus said:

This guy thinks he's strong because he never gets sick, yet how can one be strong if you do everything in your might to avoid being sick? If you cannot tolerate being sick are you really strong?

The human body is supposed to be able to fight off sickness and disease. it is not that he is "strong" but he has transformed what science believed to be possible for the human body by changing his beliefs and the way he thinks. A college took him and some people he trained for a few weeks with the wim hof method into a lab to be injected with a bacterium that's supposed to produce harsh cold-like symptoms and were able to feel nothing (show no symptoms)

8 minutes ago, Arkandeus said:

What he preaches is people spend too much time living life just in their heads and less time "really living" with the whole body. 

9 minutes ago, Arkandeus said:

Where does wisdom come from? first hand experience right? Also what negative power beliefs do you profess he is spreading? 

15 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Yeah I think he was personally taught by some masters

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tummo

dont think hes awakened though

listen to the podcast and then give me your opinion. Although I don't honestly care if he is or isnt enlightened as i was joking in the title :P 

I just have a lot of respect for him as he seems to live quite authentic, humble, fearless and always finding opportunities to bring about change 

23 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

This isn't his goal at all. "Never getting sick" is the clickbait title of someone else's video about his work. If you actually research him, he is extremely conscious and comfortable in his body. He doesn't back away from telling that he got his strength from massive suffering from his wife passing away. Pain is the key, facing your own death is the key to understanding who you are. There are no misunderstandings about that. No shortcuts. 

I suggest you actually research him and watch his podcasts. There's something special there about his psychology that can't be faked. Don't let other people's interpretations of the surface level "gains" of this method fool you. There's deep wisdom to be found here. 

Okay, then I may have jumped the gun, I will remain open-minded to this being called wim hof, the ice man

23 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

The human body is supposed to be able to fight off sickness and disease. it is not that he is "strong" but he has transformed what science believed to be possible for the human body by changing his beliefs and the way he thinks. A college took him and some people he trained for a few weeks with the wim hof method into a lab to be injected with a bacterium that's supposed to produce harsh cold-like symptoms and were able to feel nothing (show no symptoms)

What he preaches is people spend too much time living life just in their heads and less time "really living" with the whole body. 

Where does wisdom come from? first hand experience right? Also what negative power beliefs do you profess he is spreading? 

Well that is my perspective but I do not want to go out of my way to spoil your perspective of him, since you seem to see him a very positive light, which is wonderful

I just warn that when you respect someone because of strength or power, eg never being sick, having a healthy body..

Instead of respecting someone because of their love/wisdom, it can be a dangerous path

Say a being on this planet figures out immortality with his body, does that mean he is the defacto enlightened teacher and that he should be followed?

Its only an example though, @TheAvatarState has informed me about more about wim, that wim is a man with a good character, from what I heard

@Arkandeusyeah cheers dude appreciate the input! 

mainly i respect him for his wisdom. I understand there are reasons for people getting sick and understanding these reasons is often quite a personal journey as is enlightenment. i see his methods as beneficial for helping people get back in alignment with themselves :)

2 minutes ago, Arkandeus said:

I just warn that when you respect someone because of strength or power, eg never being sick, having a healthy body..

Instead of respecting someone because of their love/wisdom, it can be a dangerous path

Say a being on this planet figures out immortality with his body, does that mean he is the defacto enlightened teacher and that he should be followed?

Oh I completely understand where you're coming from. It's a valid point, and we should all be mindful of that. But Wim Hof is not great because he is immune to cold. Wim Hof is great because he is a conscious, holistic human being who teaches other people how to become in tune and conscious of their own bodies. To formulate his own method, he gathered wisdom from various ancient spiritual traditions. This isn't "new" stuff," and he's definitely not masquerading around as some god.  I think you'll find that out quickly if you research him. :)

Sent from my iEgo