Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Investing_in_myself

Why reaching material success once you have been enlighted?

7 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

Leo had a video concerning that topic. But I cannot find it anymore unfortunately...

One of my goals is reaching material wealth. On the other hand I want to be enlighted in the future. But what, once you have been enlighted, that‘s enough for you? When you derive your fulfillment fully from the inner self? Does that stops your motivation to create something in the material world? Maybe is it mutually exclusive?

Thanks a lot for your opinions!

Exclusive, but it does not mean that you will continue to create anything, who knows what you will decide to do by then , you will be completely different from how you are now,question is why it bothers you, what are you afraid of?

@Investing_in_myself i like the following question: why not?

the only problem related to material success is when you think that your happiness depends on it. once you're free from attachments, you're free to choose any kind of life you want.

there's no happiness to achieve, though. even though i've been growing professionally for 1 year, i've been completely happy for 3+ years.

unborn Truth

@ajasatya @purerogue Thank you. 

I have watched a lot of spiritual movies the past three days and material success had some negative touch there. But I think enlightenment or spirituality is only one (even though very important) pillar for a fullfilled life, joined by financial freedom, relationships and so on...

My conclusion is: Being happy in the now, is the foundation of material success in the future. And this is reached by enlightenment.

I haven't seen any human being able to somehow discard all material needs for the life. or I did not really understand what you mean by enlightenment? You'll always need food, shelter and safety. If you know exceptions please share.

1 hour ago, non_nothing said:

I haven't seen any human being able to somehow discard all material needs for the life. or I did not really understand what you mean by enlightenment? You'll always need food, shelter and safety. If you know exceptions please share.

I think OP is referring to material success beyond the essentials.

6 hours ago, ajasatya said:

i like the following question: why not?

the only problem related to material success is when you think that your happiness depends on it. once you're free from attachments, you're free to choose any kind of life you want.

Ya got it.

Material success just becomes a goal, its a game you play. Play it! Have fun!

@Investing_in_myself

For me, material wealth is mostly a tool for my life purpose and my own personal growth. We live in a capitalist society and things cost money. I don't see that changing even if you become "enlightened".