Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bluff

Book request - introduction meditation

10 posts in this topic

I want to introduce my mum into meditation. Therefore I'm looking for a Book.

She is a very blueish person. A book which makes the loop from religion to GOD would be great for example. The book must be in german! You don't have to know german books, I will check if your ideas are available translated into german.

CONQUEST OF MIND

very simple book! great intro

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles This book claims mastery of mind is the key to mastery of life. Maybe I've never been in stage blue (don't know alot about sd but it seems like a heirarchy, which is old-school to me) but in any case that doesn't seem like something that would ever help me.

I really just wanted to put the first sentence, but the rest is for clarification for why I said that.:)

Ultimately, it's your mother's decision. Have you let her know that you want to help her? In a direct way? Alot of times on here people act like stage blue is a bad person/state of being. But if you're really open minded, how could someone imply that?

@i am I AM Its a good introduction, she can move on to other more advanced books later. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

thanks, more suggestions? 

I want to compare, so I can take the right one from my point of view 

If catholic: Willigis Jäger books (german dude). If more a blueish sceptic: Jon Kabat-Zinn. I would not recommend Tolle.

I just noticed, I don't want her to meditate in first place.

I want her to grow out of her ego and make her recognise that there are many perspectives.

what Books take one from blue to orange?

then Eckhart Tolle "Leben im Jetzt". Or just go with orange books like tony robbins... they surely take peope to orange.