Barna

Modafinil: Becoming the Best Version of Myself

36 posts in this topic

First, I would like to thank you, Leo, for telling us about modafinil! Thanks for doing all this research and sharing the most useful results with us. :) 

Modafinil is really an amazing substance. I cannot talk about the longterm effects because yesterday was the first time I tried it, but it's already motivating me to write about it. (Yes, I'm on it right now :)

So, yesterday I woke up at 6:20, I popped half of a 200mg pill and I started to do my morning stuff. Half an hour passed and I felt motivated (for the first time in weeks) to exercise, so I did some pushups. After the pushups, I felt energetic but still meditative, so I put on my meditation sounds (Holosync) and I started to meditate. This was nothing like any of my meditation sessions these days. I had almost no monkey-mind, I could focus on the sounds, then on the awareness of the sounds, then on the act of listening where the sounds and the listener become one. And all this was so effortless, I just followed the curiosity of the awareness.

After an hour of meditation, I looked out the window. It was a sunny day, but the colors were even brighter than usual. I definitely noticed the effects in my visual field. 
Then I went to work. I'm a programmer, so I need some kind of brain boost every day, sometimes it's coffee, other times it's black tea. But yesterday the modafinil was perfectly enough. 
Coding was effortless. It's not like I didn't get any hard tasks, but when I was working on them I could focus my attention effortlessly. Talking with colleagues about technical stuff was also effortless. Everything was effortless and enjoyable.

Throughout the day I felt like my body was lighter, my skin felt softer and I felt a slight warmth inside my whole body. My mood was also lighter than usual. I wasn't euphoric like on mdma, but I was calm and accepting, I had space in me for every experience to happen.

So, as Leo recommended, I'm gonna use this substance as a lever. I'm gonna let it teach me how to meditate, how to relate to people, how to be more social and how to be more aware of what I'm doing in the present moment.

Thanks for reading, I'm happy to answer any question you have. :) 

Edited by Barna

Wicked report dude, thank you. I'm excited to try this stuff too. how often do you think you're gonna be using it? 

Thanks!

I don't know yet, next week probably from Monday 'till Friday to see how my body reacts to it on frequent usage. So far I really like it.

Edited by Barna

I had a friend recommend modafinil to me and ive been interested in it since.

Leo recommending it makes me even more interested.

My friend told me he learned how to focus from modafinil and after some point doesn't depend on it anymore. I'm hoping this is feasible for me as well.

I'm also hoping that it will rewire my brain to pay more attention to the present moment. 

@Barna If you like that you will LOVE armodafinil and LSD.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura what about sulbatiamine? Is that stronger than armodifinil? 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

30 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Barna If you like that you will LOVE armodafinil and LSD.

I've had several trips on LSD and I've also tried other substances. Heck, I tried the whole alphabet. :D 
I started my psychedelic adventures with 5-meo after you released your video about it. I'm also grateful to you for sharing your experiences with that. Looking back, I think my 5-meo breakthroughs totally changed my life. :) 

Do you think armodafinil is safer than modafinil in the long run? Or does it worth buying it just to feel the difference between the two? 

Edited by Barna

2 minutes ago, Barna said:

Do you think armodafinil is safer than modafinil in the long run? Or does it worth buying it just to feel the difference between the two?

I don't know about "safer" but it is significantly more powerful (for me).

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't know about "safer" but it is significantly more powerful (for me).

Yeah, I love powerful substances. I will buy some armodafinil, thanks! :D 

1 hour ago, How to be wise said:

@Leo Gura what about sulbatiamine? Is that stronger than armodifinil? 

I tried Sulbutiamine stacked with Alpha-GPC and Uridine. I liked it, but I had to take 800mg of Sulbutiamine to be able to replace my morning coffee with this stack.

Edited by Barna

Nothing even comes close to the strength of armodafinil other than LSD or the like.

Armodafinil is like a mild psychedelic.

It's stronger cuz it pure R-modafinil which is the most pschycoactive compound that generated from the use of modafinil, so your skipping a step.

There are dangers to these thing though I'll admit they are amazing.

Couple of things

- you will be less aware of your limits physically - just because you feel fine, you could be damaging your body when you push yourself harder which you can on this substance

- you can party harder, so don't drink on it - you won't get drunk as easy, so you can go crazy but you won't have the drunk slowing you down

- tolerance, like anything you will have to take more to keep the same effect going

- it will tax your body, it's a toxin, it can damage your liver - especially if you mess with drinking and other things that tax your body

In the end it's a sort of artificial awakening imo, stopped using it once it grew out of it, but it had it benefits for that period.

One thing that struck me so hard is how similar that first time I took modafinil (later on armo) - the awareness, how close it was to when I had my first natural 'enlightenment' experience.

I was excited when I heard about it. Then found out it's family of amfetamine even though I believe Leo said it's not.

Sure it's lots less strong.

I think if it can indeed be used like a lever that sounds great and I'm curious for that possibility. I'm just doubtful about the lever effect but maybe it could work. 

4 minutes ago, Sven said:

I was excited when I heard about it. Then found out it's family of amfetamine even though I believe Leo said it's not.

You must be talking about family in a really broad sense. :D 

Link your sources

Yes it's a broad sense. But both effect dopamine in a similar way, though of course in a different scale. The source is just the molecule structures, you can look those up online

9 minutes ago, Sven said:

Yes it's a broad sense. But both effect dopamine in a similar way, though of course in a different scale. The source is just the molecule structures, you can look those up online

And you don't like that it affects dopamine because....?
I mean, it has to do something  with the brain, why is it a problem that it happens to raise the dopamine level?

@Barna well I am not stable psychologically. So maybe it would have an effect that sober experiences would mean less than modafinil experiences as a human. Unless the lever effect is possible indeed.

Dopamine effects your sense of value so that you are motivated to do things you're not usually motivated to do. If then the modafinil experience ends e.g. you are sober, and you were to compare the sober experiences with the modafinil experiences, you might long for something other than what's already here: the present moment.

Don't get me wrong. I am completely neutrally if not positively oriented towards modafinil. I am only curious after this: under what circumstances would an individual be able to apply the lever effect and under what circumstances not? Has this gotten to do with mental strength? Level of awareness? Or, on the other hand, is the lever effect granted automatically? Simply by referencing in your experience to the modafinil experience and working from there?

These were the questions I have.