electroBeam

Cognitive performance: How to stop zoning out?

10 posts in this topic

I'm finding that I'm having trouble being quite productive because I keep zoning out throughout my work. The problem I'm having isn't a result of fear, procrastination or anything like that, its bare bones mental fatigue. I try to push my brain to think about something and it just wont. Its sort of like pushing weights at the gym, but not being able to lift them because they are too heavy.

I have tried visualizations, affirmations, self esteem shadow work. These techniques are not the right tool here. I need something else like brain training.

What have you done to push your brain to the limits?

Also I do suffer from chronic fatigue (both mental and physical) Doctors have no clue as to why I get it, and just blame it on depression. I personally think I have Hypothyroidism or sleep apnea (my symptoms resonate with those 2 problems the most).

Just Leo sayinh "how to stop being a victom" at the start.

How he delivers it is profound as fuck. 

Just the emotional imprint in how I'm reading and interpreting his deliberate movements, body language.

Wtf

Edited by MisterMan

I'm not being a victim, and that's why im asking for advice here. Just saying 'try harder' doesn't solve the problem, you need a method or tool to solve it. Being a victim isn't the problem here. 

3 hours ago, PsiloPutty said:

Have you watched Leo's video on nootropics? 

No, do you find nootropics to be quite effective with this sort of stuff? I think drugs can be effective, but I would like a more permanent, deeply rooted resolution first before deciding to rely on drugs. 

@electroBeam I’d suggest giving Modafinil a try. I got some a week ago from overseas and it’s pretty effective at keeping me awake and productive at work. Just don’t take the whole 200mg first go. Try taking half (100mg). 

I had the same issues as you before I started taking it but I feel a bit better now.

@SBB4746 thanks! How long does it last? And how easily do you develop a tolerance to it? Like can you take 1 tab every working day and still not develop a tolerance to it?

It has a half life of 15 hours, so you need to take first thing in morning. You don’t develop tolerance to it that easily. I’ve done it every day for more than a week and still notice effects. The effects are stronger the first few times you take it though. In the beginning I felt like I was a bit too stimulated (e.g. racing heart) but it’s just a matter of adjusting the dose appropriately and letting your body get used to it.

Also dont take any caffeine the first few times you try it. That was a mistake I made.

I've noticed being extremely motivated works well (through visualizations). a strong, strong desire

Shit food makes me tired and harder to work

A strong morning routine 

Good, motivating, inspiring people around me 

Meaningful relationships + good conversations makes me happier and makes it easier to work 

My confidence in working makes it easier to work as well 

Your self-image also plays a huge role. Perhaps you've tried self-image work and it still didn't work? 

honestly i'd get a life coach. 

Edited by thehero

21 hours ago, Winter said:

Did you? It starts by saying to fix yourself first

I did, yes. 

On 11/14/2018 at 2:22 AM, electroBeam said:

I'm finding that I'm having trouble being quite productive because I keep zoning out throughout my work. The problem I'm having isn't a result of fear, procrastination or anything like that, its bare bones mental fatigue. I try to push my brain to think about something and it just wont. Its sort of like pushing weights at the gym, but not being able to lift them because they are too heavy.

I have tried visualizations, affirmations, self esteem shadow work. These techniques are not the right tool here. I need something else like brain training.

What have you done to push your brain to the limits?

Also I do suffer from chronic fatigue (both mental and physical) Doctors have no clue as to why I get it, and just blame it on depression. I personally think I have Hypothyroidism or sleep apnea (my symptoms resonate with those 2 problems the most).

There will be no quick fix for it. You have to rebuild entire ecosystem in the body first, as it is probably too abused through the years. It's hard to tell not knowing your living habits. For example, one of my friends, who used to live in Portugal and was energetic, fit all his life, and moved to Denmark, started feeling like complete zombie in few years and it was super shocking for him. He did blood tests and found out that his vitamin d3 levels were at almost... zero. Fallowing by probably zillion other problems that living in such a culture does, like drinking, sleeping less, stress. It's almost impossible to give advice for you. I would personally begin with getting blood test done, to see maybe you are lacking in something. All this no self talk does not mean that your body is not important. Spirituality is just topping on the cake, take care first of your body needs, as it was meant to work optimally in completely different environment and conditions than you are probably surrounded now. Cheers.