Shadown

Why would you pursue enlightenment in the first place?

14 posts in this topic

In one of his videos, Leo talks about how we literally live in a dream and that one of the 100% ways to wake up is through death. Considering that consciousness is always there, why would you even care to become enlightened while "being" a human being if you will automatically transcend to the higher level of consciousness after you die? I mean, isn't it better to "penetrate the Earth" while you still can and stop making enlightenment as your #1 priority?

DISCLAIMER: I'm not talking about eliminating awareness out of your life, just making it not that ultimate.

Edited by Shadown

@Shadown Do not ask others "why pursue it". 

If you can't answer for yourself "why", then you're doomed to fail.

52 minutes ago, Shadown said:

higher level of consciousness after you die

You are already dead)))

1 hour ago, Shadown said:

In one of his videos, Leo talks about how we literally live in a dream and that one of the 100% ways to wake up is through death. Considering that consciousness is always there, why would you even care to become enlightened while "being" a human being if you will automatically transcend to the higher level of consciousness after you die? I mean, isn't it better to "penetrate the Earth" while you still can and stop making enlightenment as your #1 priority?

DISCLAIMER: I'm not talking about eliminating awareness out of your life, just making it not that ultimate.

The thing is, a lack of awareness is the source of all your problems and suffering.

So when you clearly understand that, there is no reason not to make awakening the first priority in your life.
You will never be truly happy (for long) untill enlightenment happens, if you can't grasp that, you will not make it your priority, and you will continue to suffer.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 minutes ago, Shadown said:

@Shin How do you know that?

How do I know what ?

God is love

And God in them

1 hour ago, 111111 said:

@Shadown Do not ask others "why pursue it". 

If you can't answer for yourself "why", then you're doomed to fail.

You are already dead)))

Fail at what?

1 minute ago, Shin said:

How do I know what ?

1 hour ago, Shin said:

You will never be truly happy (for long) until enlightenment happens

4 minutes ago, Shadown said:

Because as long as you think you're a separate self (ego), you will always feel disconnected to reality to a certain degree.

I know that by direct experience, the few minutes I have been totally egoless was when I was the most happy in my life.

God is love

And God in them

@Shin Thanks for your reply, Shin. That's something worth contemplating about.

I'm just a commentator of what this biological being is doing and wants. There is desire there to find truth. To follow the desires is about all I can do.

1 hour ago, Shadowraix said:

I'm just a commentator of what this biological being is doing and wants. There is desire there to find truth. To follow the desires is about all I can do.

Not to derail but to be real with you guys it was just intellectual understanding and the commentator thing, the separation of "I" and the body and thoughts just deeply sunk into my awareness as I typed that.

Funny how that happens.

23 hours ago, Shadown said:

I had a similar thought. Mine is that if you want to become enlightened, there is a way more efficient way to make that happen than years of meditation. To be concrete: suicide. So, if someone wants to be enlightened to end suffering; you can end suffering right now by killing the ego. If someone wants to be enlightened to find truth; you can kill what's preventing you from finding truth by killing the ego. 

Leo often says that the point of life is to awake; to die before death. I never understood why he believes that. Seems inconsistent. If you want to awake to the absolute truth, there are way more efficient ways than meditation or psychedelics. I get why one would want to become enlightened, but claiming that survival of the body while absence of ego is the number one priority of life does not make sense to me. At least I haven't heard or experienced anything convincing to back up that claim.

Long story short; if enlightenment is the most important thing for you, there is nothing preventing you from killing your ego permanently at any moment. And as you say; enlightenment will happen one day anyway. There seems no reason to awake before you die, other than that it is something you want to do.

Me: Not an expert on nonduality and never had an experience I would count as such.  Just someone who tries to make sense of what he hears.

There's no point to pursue enlightenment until you "get it" yourself. You'll have to answer your own question. Getting an answer from someone else kinda ruins the whole purpose of it. Try moving up the spiral and the insights will come.

In my experience, I haven't searched for Awakening nor Enlightenment. I was a recent atheist coming from a theology degree perspective of life.

One day came to me the crazy idea that I'm GOD the Almighty. So it started for me by reading LaVey's Satanic Bible, this helped me a great deal with the Christian indoctrination I had from childhood. I had no clue what chakras are and meditation, only had a very biased opinion from pastoral theology studies. 

So I followed the crazy idea of being god and used affirmations without knowing what this is happening. I did this about 2 weeks, after a couple of days of not sleeping and revisiting with the mind what was the bible and the truths in it I found myself following my Breath, was something automatic, without knowing what the hack meditation is. 

So after 2 weeks of the realization of the mind of how reality works and huge dream/hallucination like, I just followed my breath and started to search info about what is this. Because in those days I saw that I'm the almighty and even seen many spiritual teachers wich the world was talking about in religious books and media.

So from back then, I started meditating and now I know almost every piece of art I look at or any religious book and I can identify the truth behind. Took me many months after to really grasp what was happening in my first awakenings, and was like a domino of thousands of awakening experiences in about 2 years. 

Now I'm in a period of consolidation, expanding and optimization, full body healing and meditation is second nature to me now.

Best of luck!

... 7 rabbits will live forever.