Guest gilded_honour

Why are some people willing to surrend their ego work and others not?

24 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, gilded_honour said:

By  fighting I mean ability, capacity and willingness to do the work.

I’ve answered this multiple times now. 

3 hours ago, gilded_honour said:

That doesn't answer "why", man.

The traditional use of "why" doesn't really work here, because the self doesn't make a choice to prioritize truth. The self is transcended.

Imagine a character in one of your dreams. Within your dream, does this character chose to pursue truth? Do the dream character chose to wake up? Not in the traditional sense. A higher consciousness wakes up, realizes he was sleeping and that the dream character wasn't real.

Asking why some dream characters wake up is an odd question to me. Asking why a higher consciousness wakes up is an odd question. . . Why does someone awake from sleeping? There isn't a reason why. I think the better question is "How?"

Similarly, the personality doesn't chose - the higher consciousness becomes aware of itself. IMO, the idea that an illusory self can awaken itself is a major trap and just keeps the self relevant - it keeps the game going.

@gilded_honour Well if you really want to get deep with this question. I think fundamentally you can't answer it because surrendering your Ego is not up to you. Everything in life is simply just a happening.

Your question implies free-will, when there is none. There is an illusion of thinker, doer, choices, time, cause and effect. In reality, you have as much control over your thoughts as over your hair growth. The complexity of life is infinite and it is not up to you to make choices/decisions, it never was. If consciousness wants to experience itself through you, it will happen. And if not, it's not up to you either.

You can also think of it this way, the subconscious mind can process 20 000 000 bits of info per second. The conscious mind can only process 40 bits per second, yet takes all the credit. You did not choose to be born in a specific time, you didn't choose your upbringing, which influences the majority of your life. You didn't even choose to hear about Enlightenment or to stumble on Leo's channel and this forum.

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune