Falk

Lets Talk About Duration

14 posts in this topic

After having done 3 month of daily meditation with occasional peaks of 2h, 90min and now 3h i can state:

The longer the meditation, the more intense, the deeper the new understanding of yourself.

Daily meditation of 20min is better than nothing ..ok, but i is a joke compared to what you can experience if you sit down for 3h!!

I wonder if leo is adressing this topic of duration more directly in the future, because the correlation between duration and insight seems as an very important and usefull fact to me!!

:)

1 hour ago, Falk said:

After having done 3 month of daily meditation with occasional peaks of 2h, 90min and now 3h i can state:

The longer the meditation, the more intense, the deeper the new understanding of yourself.

Daily meditation of 20min is better than nothing ..ok, but i is a joke compared to what you can experience if you sit down for 3h!!

I wonder if leo is adressing this topic of duration more directly in the future, because the correlation between duration and insight seems as an very important and usefull fact to me!!

@Falk Become infinite emptiness and you will no longer need a time piece.

2 hours ago, Falk said:

I can definitely see your point here. For me it feels like my extra long late night sittings release great blocks from my unconscious that are being melted down with my normal daily meditation routine. My biggest, deepest and fastest gains were achieved with my first 2-3 two hours strong determination sittings and adding numbers to the clock seems to be a great mean to go deeper. Interesting topic. My daily meditation however also does its job over the long run, I experience new phases every 4-5 weeks.

it's like every few weeks another layer of bullshit belief vanishes from what I see in front of me and I'm completely stunned again. :ph34r:

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

On 4 avril 2016 at 8:58 PM, Falk said:

Please describe your mediation, your experiences, and how you feel afterwards, I never did it for so long! I'm very happy with my 20-40 min sessions for now, motivate me!:)

Who Am I to judge? When I think I know, I don't know that I don't know.

"Things don't change when they are understood. Understanding reinforces the intellect (the ego). The seeker has to make room to the meditative state."

22 hours ago, Falk said:

He talked about benefits of long meditation but it seems he needs to make another new video about it

Edited by zakur0

15 hours ago, Nic said:

Please describe your mediation,

I did the 3h sitting on the edge of a chair with a pillow, closed eyes. I got a steeple in the vincinity which rings the bell in the distant every 15minutes (i can hear that from away), so i knew i will have 12parts à 15minutes. I concentrated mostly just on not mooving (obvi) but sometimes after the bell rang i went: ok the next 15minutes i will focus on breathing (while also not mooving of course) or i will focus on just what i hear or what i see internaly, to make it more varied and "do-able", perhaps i will try a whole 3h sit on next sunday again, this time only focusing on not mooving and nothing else.

15 hours ago, Nic said:

your experiences,

While i did the sit i had some smaller rewarding experciences like feelings of bliss and realizing: "ohh! I ...AM!!!

THIS!! is me... of course ..how could i have forgotten"... but also some siginificant changes came afterwards and the next days. Also near the end the pain grew quite strong at some point but somehow i realized i couldn´t fight the pain ..i mean i could fight but i couldnt win xD so in this situation the brain becomes realy creative since it is forced to handle the hard situation and i though im just like water now ...flowing around the rock (the rock beeing the pain) and it worked ...quite nice...then the last bell rang .. calmness and also relief

15 hours ago, Nic said:

and how you feel afterwards, 

Afterwards, that same day i went to go bouldering and on the way i had some funny ideas, or it where the same ideas as i usualy have but they seemed incredible funny and ridiculous to me and i had to laugh, i felt really silly in a good way, i joked around with myself a bit ( i wasnt searching for that but it just happend and i noticed that it was a long time since i was so foolish usually beeing quite rational and bla ... xD )

also the next day i noticed that i came up with some questions about society, some analytical models that i just created on my way home from work ( again i wasnt searching for that, neither am i saying that my ideas were "good" or usefull but i usualy don´t just come up with rather philosophical theories , so this was somewhat interessting.

And the next days to follow i felt like i was way more secure in my conversations, like i could go into speaking quite different instead of trying to be very nice and goal-oriented or to please people and make a nice impression in a way i could just... go ... see what happens , i had trust in me since i knew at least a bit more about me now... was cool.

15 hours ago, Nic said:

I never did it for so long!

You can start with 60min or 90min of you´re adventerous xD

15 hours ago, Nic said:

I'm very happy with my 20-40 min sessions for now, motivate me!:)

Now you decide if it might be for you. I already planed: 7-10 o´clock this sunday...

@Falk

Your post made me laugh as I could really relate to that!:D

Yeah, I got to make it to a full hour one day, that would be already a good improvement! 

Thank you very much for the description. It motivated me but I could hear my ego in the background say "NO, you won't make it anyway!" :D

I don't know why though?9_9

Got definitely to work on that!

Take care!

"Things don't change when they are understood. Understanding reinforces the intellect (the ego). The seeker has to make room to the meditative state."

1 hour ago, Falk said:

I did the 3h sitting on the edge of a chair with a pillow, closed eyes. I got a steeple in the vincinity which rings the bell in the distant every 15minutes (i can hear that from away), so i knew i will have 12parts à 15minutes. I concentrated mostly just on not mooving (obvi) but sometimes after the bell rang i went: ok the next 15minutes i will focus on breathing (while also not mooving of course) or i will focus on just what i hear or what i see internaly, to make it more varied and "do-able", perhaps i will try a whole 3h sit on next sunday again, this time only focusing on not mooving and nothing else.

While i did the sit i had some smaller rewarding experciences like feelings of bliss and realizing: "ohh! I ...AM!!!

THIS!! is me... of course ..how could i have forgotten"... but also some siginificant changes came afterwards and the next days. Also near the end the pain grew quite strong at some point but somehow i realized i couldn´t fight the pain ..i mean i could fight but i couldnt win xD so in this situation the brain becomes realy creative since it is forced to handle the hard situation and i though im just like water now ...flowing around the rock (the rock beeing the pain) and it worked ...quite nice...then the last bell rang .. calmness and also relief

Afterwards, that same day i went to go bouldering and on the way i had some funny ideas, or it where the same ideas as i usualy have but they seemed incredible funny and ridiculous to me and i had to laugh, i felt really silly in a good way, i joked around with myself a bit ( i wasnt searching for that but it just happend and i noticed that it was a long time since i was so foolish usually beeing quite rational and bla ... xD )

also the next day i noticed that i came up with some questions about society, some analytical models that i just created on my way home from work ( again i wasnt searching for that, neither am i saying that my ideas were "good" or usefull but i usualy don´t just come up with rather philosophical theories , so this was somewhat interessting.

And the next days to follow i felt like i was way more secure in my conversations, like i could go into speaking quite different instead of trying to be very nice and goal-oriented or to please people and make a nice impression in a way i could just... go ... see what happens , i had trust in me since i knew at least a bit more about me now... was cool.

You can start with 60min or 90min of you´re adventerous xD

Now you decide if it might be for you. I already planed: 7-10 o´clock this sunday...

@Falk @Nic I went 20 mins. longer than my usual 25. Maybe it was just me or todays meditation, but I started to get more into a dreamy state. I did better the first 25 mins. I really need try it again though.

23 hours ago, Nic said:

@Falk

Your post made me laugh as I could really relate to that!:D

Yeah, I got to make it to a full hour one day, that would be already a good improvement! 

Thank you very much for the description. It motivated me but I could hear my ego in the background say "NO, you won't make it anyway!" :D

I don't know why though?9_9

Got definitely to work on that!

Take care!

i sense you are autosuggesting to yourself that it is realy hard or smth xD "someday i will make it to a full hour "

as if sds was flying a jet or climbing mount everest 

...it is not! it is just sitting on a chair! xD don´t be lazy , do it ;)

@Falk

I will... tomorrow ok?:D

I got a "real" excuse, I'm sick... ;)

Of course duration helps a lot.

Most people aren't willing to invest 3hrs a day though, so I rarely speak of it.

20 minutes is hard enough to get out of people.

I myself am doing at least 2 hrs daily nowadays with the intention to ramp it up even more.

I find 4 hrs per day is the minimum I need to get a palpable feeling of growth towards enlightenment.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The more you do the more you realize that you have to do more. This creates a positive feedback loop which is great and at the same times kinda scary.

Hallå

Depends on your goal. If you're meditating for "self development", then meditate for as long as possible. If you're wanting to wake up from the dream of self, then intensity is far more important than duration. The more "desperate" you are to see through the veil then the quicker it happens. 

@Leo Gura "Most people aren't willing to invest 3hrs a day though, so I rarely speak of it."

I started my first strong determination sittings of 2h because of your recommendation. Best new habit!

You are influential in a positive way...

...so make those bastards meditate!! xD