Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bejapuskas

Any valid resources to learn from?

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I have finally fixed most of the things that were causing me the majority of the problems I had and now I wanna go back to improving my health, as I have been going on binges and stuff like that...

What are the ACTUAL VALID resources like books, articles, podcasts to learn about health? Its sooo chaotic... I will probably convince my parents to buy me Leo's booklist so I can read that but I dont think its gonna be enough you know :D 

https://www.amazon.com/How-Eat-Move-Be-Healthy/dp/1583870067

"How to Eat, Move and Be Healthy!" by Paul Chek

Paul is a top notch holistic coach. In this book he puts together everything you ever need to know about health. He tells you about diet, exercise, resting, even some energy work. You can work with this book alone for years, I think.

You can also check out his youtube channel. He gives away tons of invaluable information about fitness:

Seriously, I cannot recommend this guy enough. He is the master of healthy and happy living.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

depends on how deep you want to go but if you actually want to learn about fats, proteins, carbs, vitamins, hormones, minerals, ensymes various diets, supplements etc, I'd suggest you pick up an actual nutrition book. Something from amazon around "human nutrition". Might be a bit boring but will give you very solid foundation. 

Lots of podcasts only talk about chosen topics but if you are not familiar with the basics of nutrition, anathomy and pathophysiology it is possible to get confused easily :) 

EDIT: Also, if you want to learn a bit about anathomy and various systems in the body + maybe the pathologies, a simplified aanthomy  illustrated book might be useful as well. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 Thanks Michael, I think I have an illustrated book in my bookshelf actually... There might also be some great books in the local library, thanks!

On 11/4/2018 at 2:33 AM, okulele said:

Seriously, I cannot recommend this guy enough. He is the master of healthy and happy living.

Yes, I agree this is an excellent resource. 

You can also check out Ben Greenfield (Biohacker type) and David Goggins when you need motivation Intravenously he will make you want to run through a wall and somehow your chest gets more hair when you listen to him.