Rilles

A Problem With Projection!

7 posts in this topic

Ever since a teenager Ive been projecting (secretly) anger, jealousy and insecurity onto strangers, especially people I find stronger than me. The past year this has become more obvious to me than ever, I want to stop doing it because it is not aligning with my values anymore, does anyone have a technique(s) for stopping projection? :)

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

For me whenever I had a problem with perceptions, I simply acknowledge when I am doing it, then stop doing it. I quieten down my mind. I can't project anything if I am not thinking about it.

After that the repetition gets programmed in and you find it effortless.

33 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

For me whenever I had a problem with perceptions, I simply acknowledge when I am doing it, then stop doing it. I quieten down my mind. I can't project anything if I am not thinking about it.

After that the repetition gets programmed in and you find it effortless.

Yes , Absolutely! Awareness can solve atleast half of it! Thanks!:)

Anyone have any technique thats more specific for projection?

Can't see any sort of technique being the solution. You can start with exploring why you want to stop the projections.

It is great you can recognize projection. This in itself is all you need. What is it in the projections reflects the thoughts about your identity? What assumptions are being made verse the "actual" fact of the matter? 

This projection insight is only going to be solved by your accepting of truth, letting go of the division of you and your thoughts 

it ain't no thang but a chicken wang maaa dude.....FINISH HIMMMM <3 ^_^

6 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Can't see any sort of technique being the solution. You can start with exploring why you want to stop the projections.

It is great you can recognize projection. This in itself is all you need. What is it in the projections reflects the thoughts about your identity? What assumptions are being made verse the "actual" fact of the matter? 

This projection insight is only going to be solved by your accepting of truth, letting go of the division of you and your thoughts 

it ain't no thang but a chicken wang maaa dude.....FINISH HIMMMM <3 ^_^

I want to stop projecting because it causes me suffering and Im not living in line with truth when Im creating stories about others. 

Haha Thanks my friend! ?

9 hours ago, DrewNows said:

It is great you can recognize projection

Fosho. 

@Rilles are you aware that projection is a reaction. So is applying any kind of technique as a means to control projection. We then try to work in this pattern of reaction to end that pattern of reaction. This is how self feeds itself.  Something to check out dude. 

I have the same problem - simply observing what the genuine reaction is causes it to cease as it has nothing to feed on! Just like tension in the body, once you become aware and observe it, it simply goes away - same is with psychological reactions/tension.

If you feel like observing it and accepting it is not making it go away - look deeper, you might have a part of the self clinging on to it somewhere deeper in the psyche. Once you actually see what the projection is - simply a mental image of failure in your head or a feeling of uneasiness in the stomach (describing envy, for instance), then you will see how absurd it is to be triggered and affected by such a thing, immediately ceasing the cycle of psychological reaction.

Observation of fear/projections is essential. The projection itself is the self, it is what it feeds upon.

Edited by Flammable

You see, the reason you want to be better, is the reason why you aren’t. Shall I put it like that?

We aren't better, because we want to be.

~ Alan Watts