Preetom

1000+ Spiritual Questions Answered in Less than 5 Minutes

49 posts in this topic

@Preetom thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my question in depth ♥️

The only way I could describe this glimpse was a shift in awareness, 'I' was everywhere, 'I' was everything, all the time. It was like the self had been sucked into this vacuum and spread out everywhere. The mind was absent and it was just this deep seated continuous presents. This is what 'I' feel is a glimpse, this is what I say I am working towards. The only way 'I' was able to 'see' this last time was through deep, continuous self inquiry (not referring to the last conversation we had... prior to that).

Should I continue with self inquiry as I feel this could 'my' portal?

Thank you again ♥️

@Charlotte Yes do continue with the self inquiry. Your insight proves that it is doing it's job.

That being said, let's do an experiment :D You've just described an insight beautifully.

50 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

this glimpse was a shift in awareness, 'I' was everywhere, 'I' was everything, all the time. It was like the self had been sucked into this vacuum and spread out everywhere. The mind was absent and it was just this deep seated continuous presents.

Now I ask you, How do you know all these things? What 'knowing' was there to register all these things? Isn't that same 'knowing' present right now, knowing all your current experience? Have you ever come across multiple 'knowing's? Isn't it the same 'knowing' that knows the absence of experiences in deep sleep?

Even if you have an insight and say 'there is no me!', isn't it the same 'knowing' that registers it? Does this 'knowing' come and go, like states of mind come and go?

This 'knowing', how far is it? How many steps do you have to take right now to be aware of it? What is the nature of this 'knowing'?

Isn't this 'knowing' what you've been after all along? A 'knowing' that is ever present, unchangeable, independent of time, space, objects.

I'll leave you with this :) 

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

44 minutes ago, Preetom said:

@Charlotte Yes do continue with the self inquiry. Your insight proves that it is doing it's job.

That being said, let's do an experiment :D You've just described an insight beautifully.

Now I ask you, How do you know all these things? What 'knowing' was there to register all these things? Isn't that same 'knowing' present right now, knowing all your current experience? Have you ever come across multiple 'knowing's? Isn't it the same 'knowing' that knows the absence of experiences in deep sleep?

Even if you have an insight and say 'there is no me!', isn't it the same 'knowing' that registers it? Does this 'knowing' come and go, like states of mind come and go?

This 'knowing', how far is it? How many steps do you have to take right now to be aware of it? What is the nature of this 'knowing'?

Isn't this 'knowing' what you've been after all along? A 'knowing' that is ever present, unchangeable, independent of time, space, objects.

I'll leave you with this :) 

536618_453088181385688_120933211_n.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

34 minutes ago, Shin said:

536618_453088181385688_120933211_n.jpg

gosh you and you're memes.. :D

@Enizeo Glad that you found it helpful!

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

No wonder there is identification.

There is 3 layers on top of each other lol

There is a physical body with sensations.

Emotions that makes the link to the body

And a mind that claim ownership of them (and itself).

I see you ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

27 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

What about thoughts and emotions? (With sensations/feelings I assume you mean physical ones.)

You are nothing which is "seen". You are what "sees" everything. (Consciousness/Awareness.)

What are thoughts but mental images(color) and narratives(sound)? 

What are emotions but sensation/feeling?

I simplified the entire realm of experiencing for Self-inquiry, for the neti neti process. I am not interested in their intensity, density, texture, brightness etc. It's all just color, sound, sensation. No inside & outside dichotomy allowed.

The search is not in the realm of color, sound and sensations. So I deliberately made up this simplified practice strategy so that I don't chase some vision (color), some rationalization and mental explanation (sound) or some exotic feeling/high (sensation). 

It becomes a lot easier to decrease the obsession with thoughts and experiences and relax the attention on itself if you start seeing experience in this simplied manner. Shinzen Young's ''Mindfulness with Labeling" uses this same strategy. 

Divide and Conquer ;) 

After all, that fictitious ego is all about hiding amidst a shit load of junk and complexity. That's where it thrives! Simply, divide, break down, reject things, neti neti....and that ego is gone as if it never was! :D

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

17 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

I don't know about that.

That doesn't seem true to me.

That's your call. You might have a few extra senses I don't have. :ph34r:

But that doesn't matter. Inquire into whatever you got now 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom You sir are a legend and I will be contemplating what you have said. Thank you so much for taking the time to help guide me ♥️