Dan94

Pursuit of enlightenment and incongruency

7 posts in this topic

I have a very, very strong sense of incongruency, apathy and meaninglessness. It has lasted about four months.

Basically I feel like nothing can make sense, if there is no-one experiencing anything. I mean.. Why the heck do self-help if you help no-one anyways. If I'm absolutely nothingness and the void who is then feeling these emotions? How can "you" be passionate, feel love and pursuit anything whatsoever, if "you" don't exist in the first place?! It is slowly driving me nuts. 

I would really appreciate your clever answers.

Daniel

@Dan94

Hi Daniel, I hope your doing well. 

First of all the "meaninglessness" that you speak of what does that feel like? Be as honest as you can. Does that meaninglessness have a negative connotation? I am genuinely asking you that. Search for that sense of meaninglessness and honestly enquire about that very sense does it have a negative feel to it? Like life is pointless, a drag, ect. Be as honest as you can, and then write back to me and let me know.

"If I'm nothingness & the void then who is feeling these emotions" 

The answer to this one is easy, you are, you the nothingness/void is feeling these emotions aren't you.

"Why do self help" 

It can dramatically improve the quality of your daily existence, emotions, feelings, attitude ect and consequently improve your behavior and expressions in relation to your environment. Sounds like a good way to spend some time, don't it?

I have experienced this too Daniel. It may help to realize the assumptions you have made in regards to absolute nothingness. This "belief" is not based off direct experience, so it can be treated as such. An "idea" to explore in your everyday life, but don't let it control you. 

Why does there need to be a purpose? Possibly there can be meaning in meaninglessness. Investigate your thoughts/emotions without trying to control them. What sort of division is happening and how is it false? Without the "you", there's total freedom to just be, completely limitless, completely whole.  

"instead of asking what do i want from life, a more powerful question is what does life want from you" --Eckhart Tolle

Get to experience that first not only on the mind/concept level.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

14 hours ago, Dan94 said:

I have a very, very strong sense of incongruency, apathy and meaninglessness. It has lasted about four months.

Basically I feel like nothing can make sense, if there is no-one experiencing anything. I mean.. Why the heck do self-help if you help no-one anyways. If I'm absolutely nothingness and the void who is then feeling these emotions? How can "you" be passionate, feel love and pursuit anything whatsoever, if "you" don't exist in the first place?! It is slowly driving me nuts. 

I would really appreciate your clever answers.

Daniel

It's easy to take these spiritual concepts and turn them into beliefs about reality. These beliefs manifests in the body as those negative feelings you describe.

What are actually true in your own experience? Are these beliefs true? 

Do you identify with nothing or a person?

Edited by WelcometoReality

On 31/10/2018 at 4:18 PM, Hero in progress said:

@Dan94

Hi Daniel, I hope your doing well. 

First of all the "meaninglessness" that you speak of what does that feel like? Be as honest as you can. Does that meaninglessness have a negative connotation? I am genuinely asking you that. Search for that sense of meaninglessness and honestly enquire about that very sense does it have a negative feel to it? Like life is pointless, a drag, ect. Be as honest as you can, and then write back to me and let me know.

"If I'm nothingness & the void then who is feeling these emotions" 

The answer to this one is easy, you are, you the nothingness/void is feeling these emotions aren't you.

"Why do self help" 

It can dramatically improve the quality of your daily existence, emotions, feelings, attitude ect and consequently improve your behavior and expressions in relation to your environment. Sounds like a good way to spend some time, don't it?

Thank you for the empathy and concern. 

I have thought about it. I DO think it has a very negative connotation since I don't get why anything are meaningful if there's no one to experience them. But yes, I DO NOT have a direct experience of becoming enlightened, so it still must be a belief since I don't have an actual experience of what I'm talking about. Thank you

@DrewNows Cheers, thank you. Yes, it's not funny. I'm doing a 7 day long darkness retreat the day after tomorrow. Hopefully pumped with non-duality hahaha. How did you proceed when you were in this phase, if you could elaborate a bit?

@WelcometoReality  And that's the catch. It's a belief system for sure. I will do more of what I've been doing thus far and do more retreats. Thank you.

Edited by Dan94

@Dan94Darkness retreat, hmm interesting.

When i was in that phase i handled it much like you. Unfortunately seeking truth to help support these beliefs will not bring you any closer to understanding actual reality. Eventually it became too much and i had to let it go. Turned out that's exactly what's needed

I began throwing all concepts out the door and giving attention to direct experience. Stopped seeking any sort of spiritual knowledge/wisdom. There was only observation of my thoughts/feelings/actions judgement-free  

To better understand belief systems, I found this video helpful. Asking yourself the right questions like why do i believe the belief i hold to be true may help you break down the beliefs causing the turmoil