Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roman25

Odds of being born are practically impossible so...

18 posts in this topic

According to science, the universe is around 13.8 billions years old. A human beings life time lasts around 70 years on average. The odds of you being born in general are already close to impossible. The earth would have to be capable to sustain life, your parents would have to meet at a particular location, at a particular time and reproduce you. That's only to scratch the surface. And you only have about 70 years to live so your life is super short compared to how old the universe is. Yet you are CURRENTLY alive. Maybe read this one more time so you can get what I'm saying.

None of this adds up. My best guess is that you have ALWAYS been alive. That would make more sense. Especially since right now I am only 16 years old. So basically out of 13.8 billion years I am currently 16 years old and I'm alive right now. That makes no sense at all. What are your thoughts?

Also, it is very possible that the universe is much older than 13.8 billion. Maybe it's always been around. But that's just a guess.

It's not a miracle if you grasp that you are everything that exist, has ever existed, and will ever exist.

It couldn't be any other way ??

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Just now, Shin said:

It's not a miracle if you grasp that you are everything that exist, has ever existed, and will ever exist.

It couldn't be any other way ??

So all of those germs that I kill whenever I shower, I am them? xD

1 minute ago, Shiva said:

... or maybe your are the universe experiencing the life of a 16yo boy? O.o

2l664e.jpg

God is love

And God in them

Just now, Shiva said:

xD Shin - Master of non-dual memes!

Where's your yoda btw? I begin to miss him :|

Having the same profile pic gets boring after a while. Idk how leo does it lol. 

Just now, Shiva said:

xD Shin - Master of non-dual memes!

Where's your yoda btw? I begin to miss him :|

I am not wise enough to wear that avatar.

Even if I was it would be quite arrogant ?

God is love

And God in them

I don't remember much about yoda tbh. All I remember was that he was wise x D

What I just wonder is, if we are all one and I am this consciousness experiencing all these different lives, then why are humans growing in size? It would make more sense to me if the number of humans would more or less stay the same. I mean maybe animals are getting less and then therefore there are more humans. But who decides this? 

8 minutes ago, Roman Edouard said:

5 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

What I just wonder is, if we are all one and I am this consciousness experiencing all these different lives, then why are humans growing in size? It would make more sense to me if the number of humans would more or less stay the same. I mean maybe animals are getting less and then therefore there are more humans. But who decides this? 

No one.

Infinity means that everything must be experienced.

Which includes human evolution as you know it.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

@Roman Edouard why doesn't it make sense? Even if 16 years is a very small fraction of 13.8 billion years, those 16 years have to happen eventually right? And it just happens to be that they are happening right now. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

1 minute ago, lmfao said:

@Roman Edouard why doesn't it make sense? Even if 16 years is a very small fraction of 13.8 billion years, those 16 years have to happen eventually right? And it just happens to be that they are happening right now. 

You have a point tbh lol

@Roman Edouard @Roman Edouard where's your profile picture from? Assassination classroom?

And another thing is that during the period of (13.8 billion - 70) years your consciousness will not exist, and so for you to even have the ability to ask the question of probability necessitates that you be alive during this "improbable period"

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Type in Miyama Uguisu on google. It's one of the first anime characters that will pop up. I use him for 90% of my profile pictures since he looks cool and he represents my gender.

You make another good point below.

Night.(The.Miyama-Uguisu.Mansion.Incident).600.1050669.jpg

Edited by Roman Edouard

@Roman Edouard ah I see. Blue Exorcist is pretty dope lol and that manga is the inspiration for blue Exorcist or something. Spike from cowboy bebop is lowkey turquoise so he's in my profile picture 

Yeah fam, the points you bring up are similar to what religious people bring up to argue for the ideology (although you weren't bringing religion into the discussion) so I've heard some of this before lol.

If we hold a deterministic view of the universe [a view which says that the exact energy/matter/space configuration of the universe is the (necessary) /(only possible) result of the preceeding configuration] we get an image of the universe which can be likened to randomly bouncing balls (but the balls have a linear, yet complex predetermined path) and it then might seem weird that consciousness emerges and is sustained as a property from those randomly bouncing balls. 

Edited by lmfao

Because the one consciousness is now able to slow it down, otherwise the universe itself was so quick, like an computer computing pi digits, as if current flows through tiny wires, the universe is able to build itself to this point almost instant whenever it wants, and magnifies your experience as it if is seen as time has slow down to your experience.

EDIT: You can also put this as unless no observer, everything is infinitely possible. So that before you observe, everything is able to run so fast not even in a speed but instantly.

Edited by non_nothing

@lmfao I love the way you talk like a human lol. Consciousness and the universe are very complex topics. I am very interested to learn more about them. I haven't watched Leo's "what is consciousness" vid yet so I'll get to it.

3 minutes ago, Roman Edouard said:

@lmfao I love the way you talk like a human lol. 

@Roman Edouard I talk like a human eh?