Bryan Lettner

Midichlorian Count: A new paradigm for resource allocation

26 posts in this topic

@Bryan Lettner Why do you assume high conscious people care about money?

Maybe they are perfectly happy with their current status in society. -_-

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

15 minutes ago, now is forever said:

@Arthur but then they can’t be far up the spiral.

Why do you think that?
Orange is the one that chases after the gross definition of wealth.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki O.o yeah. do you want to call me an ? ?

but orange also cares mostly for themselves - i assume that the spiral would also go up in sense of a will to care for a better social system and that is somehow linked to the distribution of money or non money.

especially to the distribution of non money.

so they can’t be happy with their status in society, not absolute.

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever I think Spyral Dynamics and level of consciousness are two separate things. SD model is a psychological progression and evolution of society, whereas consciousness work is getting closer to the Truth and enlightenment. This explains why we can find enlighten people in all stages of development. 

Development of the psyche happens naturally, like evolution on Earth. Although a person can speed up the process of SD progression, for the most part, it happens independently and freely. Ken Wilber in his talks mentions a 10% tipping point, where if a small group of influential people increases their stage, the rest of society just follows and turns.

I think every stage has something interesting to offer, there are benefits and strengths to every stage outlined in SD books. We shouldn't deny the lower stages and praise the uppers ones. It's like saying I hate the color orange because yellow is my favorite, they are both equally valid colors. We should enjoy the stage we are at, and know that change will be just around the corner. 

5 hours ago, now is forever said:

but then they can’t be far up the spiral.

They way I see it, for people up the spiral, the need for change comes from genuine care and compassion. It is not motivated by deficiency needs like recognition, financial means and so forth. They might be perfectly happy where they are, and yet want to change certain things for the good of everybody.

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

@Arthur yes, even if they are conscious (even on the spiral) and don’t care about money, they might not be far up the spiral.

i didn’t say anything against ? i love oranges.

Edited by now is forever