smd

Nuvigil Nootropics: But Leo!!!!!

7 posts in this topic

Hey Leo,

So I went to my cardiologist today & figured I'd ask for some armodafinil.  I explained how I had chronic fatigue & being extremely tired after work & just sleeping & feeling tired the rest of the day, followed by then going back to bed, even though I'm getting my 7-8 hours of sleep per day.  However, I can't get any motivation to do much after work.  No energy.

So right after I brought it up, she made a face!  Her eyebrows furrowed in doubt.  I was like "Crap!  This isn't working."  She said, "That's bullshit!  We need to first figure out what the root cause is for why you're tired.  Those pills aren't going to help. Where did you hear about Nuvigil?"  So I told her I read it on the Internet.  I bet she could tell I wasn't divulging the entire truth.  She then went on about a case she knew about where a patient took Adderall to increase energy & he had plaque build-up in his arteries within 6 months.  She didn't like the risk of palpitations & other side effects to the heart either.

In turn, I'm now being tested for thyroid issues & they're going to look at giving me IgG therapy (of course after blood testing to see if I qualify).  I looked it up & the IgG therapy sounds almost like a Keith Richards-style blood transfusion....3 hours a day on an IV, a few times a week, with a slight risk of getting various viruses, since it's dealing with human blood.  It's supposed to help with some of my other problems as well though...sort of a solution for two or more of my issues.

It's definitely not the road I expected to travel on scoring Nuvigil.  Maybe I'll end up having to have it anyway after these other tests or treatments are done?   I suppose getting a transfusion like this will definitely put a spring in my step.  I'll have to just look into the supplements or the Indian black market I guess if I want to try it, even just once to see the effect.

The real scenario that just happened didn't play at all as I thought it would when I ran it down in my head!!   I figured most doctors like to give out prescriptions.  Not my doctor though.  She could probably tell I was interested in the effect it offers.  They've heard it all before I'm sure.   Legitimately, armodafinil doesn't seem to be good fit for me.  Kinda bummed out now.

@smd The mistake was going to a doctor ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

What I find is if you grow to love eating a lot of veggies and cut out all junk food that will handle a lot of your health ailments.  Raw and steamed veggies are like tonics that cleanse and energize your body.  Eat some meat, beans, and supplement with a little protein powder.  I’m the king of veggies though.  A lot of the supplements I used to take I no longer take because I just go for the fresh fruits and veggies.  Mostly veggies, I’m not big into fruit.  Lentils are good for vegetarians too because they have iron and stuff that vegetarians usually don’t get as easily a meat eaters.  I eat a little meat, but I don’t usually eat big portions of meat.  Veggies are like nature’s medicines gotten straight from the source.  My body just sings after I eat a big salad or a big plate of steamed veggies.  I can feel it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Deal with your emotional backlog, your blocked energy is likely causing your fatigue...

On 10/25/2018 at 7:19 PM, Leo Gura said:

@smd The mistake was going to a doctor ;)

:)  I just need to dig around a little & make sure those online Indian stores don't get me arrested.

On 10/25/2018 at 7:26 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

What I find is if you grow to love eating a lot of veggies and cut out all junk food that will handle a lot of your health ailments.  Raw and steamed veggies are like tonics that cleanse and energize your body.  Eat some meat, beans, and supplement with a little protein powder.  I’m the king of veggies though.  A lot of the supplements I used to take I no longer take because I just go for the fresh fruits and veggies.  Mostly veggies, I’m not big into fruit.  Lentils are good for vegetarians too because they have iron and stuff that vegetarians usually don’t get as easily a meat eaters.  I eat a little meat, but I don’t usually eat big portions of meat.  Veggies are like nature’s medicines gotten straight from the source.  My body just sings after I eat a big salad or a big plate of steamed veggies.  I can feel it.

What is really weird here, is that a lot of the pro-veggie dieters on YouTube have done an about face & are bitching about all of the health problems associated with really long veggie diets.  They went back to putting meat in their diet & several problems cleared away by moving to a Keto diet.  As far as veggies go, I'm a juicer, but not an advanced juicer.  I pretty much use Leo's recipe from last year plus some green juicing.  I really need to take the plunge & get an advanced juicing device...preferably cheap & used if I can find one.

On 10/26/2018 at 2:51 AM, Space said:

@smd Have you tried an elimination diet? You cut out a bunch of food groups for 3-4 weeks and see if your symptoms improve. Then slowly reintroduce foods to see which one is the cause. Definitely worth a try. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/elimination-diet#section4

Definitely, something to look into.  I'll check that out.  I've never tried that.

On 10/26/2018 at 3:46 AM, YaMayka said:

Deal with your emotional backlog, your blocked energy is likely causing your fatigue...

Lately, I haven't been feeling anything.  I'm not happy or sad, just sort of in the middle.  My work day is great, lot's of energy from 7am, but then after noon, the energy starts to peter off & by 5pm, I'm dragging the rest of the afternoon & evening.  I get up at 6am, with usually 8 hours of sleep.  I get my Bulletproof coffee, prescribed meds, supplements (green tea, B12) & breakfast & I'm off to the races.

I just don't understand that complete lack of energy by 5pm.  Usually when work was over, I would get a second wind of energy to do things after work. That second wind got up & left.  It's probably Low T, but that is what the cardiologist said would cause the plaque buildup in the arteries within 6 months (not Adderall as I mentioned previously).   So it might be that I need some alternative that helps with testosterone minus the heart attack risk.

I just got my blood tested, I'll report back in a couple weeks on what was found.  Maybe there is something weird going on to explain it.

I did want to report back on the blood work.  They didn't find anything wrong to explain the lack of energy.  Only found that my good cholesterol was too low.  Losing weight or adding a glass of wine per night will raise it.  I've also been given a prescription of Vitamin B12 shots to take weekly.  So I guess I'll need to be picking & choosing a few of the Nootropics supplements to experiment with.

What was really interesting for this last appointment is that the Doc gave me a free copy of the Qur'an.  I've had a doctor/patient relationship for 15 years with this lady & we usually engage in a lot of other topics besides my health in conversation, such as Trump & US politics.  Overall, I consider it a high honor to receive one from a doctor.