Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
danton

Listen to kids.

10 posts in this topic

What do every kids ask to anything?

Why?

Asking may seem childish but it's the highest form of questions we could ask I think.

What do u think Einstein ask himself? How or Why?

We should be kids all our life always asking why cause those are the most profound question. How is easy, Why….how cares?

Lately kids have been a sort of guide to me. Walking past a little girl, not more than a few years old, playing, and as I'm right beside her she starts singing a children's song going something like: "mister are you sleeping", right as I'm kind of in a gloomy mood being little old me. 

Another little girl on the train with her mom the other day, where everyone is kinda just sitting in a sour mood, the atmosphere kinda heavy people keeping to themselves, and she just starts laughing the way small kids laugh, you know like she is overflowing with joy, and while her mom tries to shush her, she starts singing another children's song: "the wheel going round round round" and she just can't get past this sentence as she cannot contain her laughter, but at one point she exclaims "because it's made of water" and she goes back to laughing, and then she says "I want to live in a ball of fire...hahaha... I want to walk on an angle of electricity", and her mom tries explaining to her, all rational and grown-up: "nonono you cannot do that it's too hot and you'll get electrocuted..blablabla". And slowly the flow of joy comes to a halt and things return to normal.

Kids seem very wise, grown-ups not so much. :)

Asking is not a virtue, is not childish, is useless. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@WindInTheLeaf i once was very fascinated by a boy in the train who couldn’t stop saying with pathos in his voice: one has to be a pig in this world.

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever thats awesome! it's like kids, before they get all indoctrinated into the way of doing thngs - looking at the world, what is right and wrong, fantasy and reality, etc etc - are the wisest of the wise. They have this amazing flow of truth, like they are just naturally enlightened masters doing without contemplating whether they are doing it 'the right way'. There is no wrong in their world, and so they are just messengers of the divine 'is', until something happens that makes them start worrying, or they get too serious about playing or start believing in the grown-ups or whatever happens. Perhaps we return to the way of the child by enlightenment, it surely seems like they are closest to the truth if you ask me.

@WindInTheLeaf yes. it’s not only the questioning, it’s also the ability to respond/answer like a child.

why? what? where? how? ah like this, maybe not, maybe this oh i like that. look how interesting. can i play with this?

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever yes exactly! it's like that saying that you hear the truth from kids and drunks. having no filter must be so liberating, but then you might say something that others won't like and hurt their feelings.  

@WindInTheLeaf hahaha - well no not the drunks, except if drunks are like children xD. children are often very attentive to hurt feelings, so maybe it’s about developing those senses, too. we also can develope to be like a grown up we would have liked when we were a child.

especially because we have to spend time with ourselves.

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever the drunk is perhaps the zen devil. For a long time in my later teenage years I sought ego death at the bottom of a bottle. or well it surely seems that way when I'm looking at it now.