EternalForest

Trying to Find a Certain Actualized.org Video

34 posts in this topic

This was a video where Leo was talking about living an extraordinary life, and abandoning the average life. He talked about how most people let 20, 30, 40 years of their life would go by, doing the exact same thing. Talked about how you lie to yourself, saying that you'll do this, and maybe do that one day, but that day never comes. 

At one point in the video he said the viewer had to get themselves mobilized and he asked the viewer to make a commitment that from this moment foreward, they would put their nose to the grindstone and do it.

@EternalForest Was this a recent video? Can you recall if the commitment part of the video was toward the end (last ~3 minutes of video) or was it the entire subject of the video?

I know most of his vids by heart so might be of some help!

@K VIL It was a 2014 - 2016 era video. The commitment was around the middle of the video actually, and then after that he set up sort of a gameplan for how to move foreward and transform your life in this new way. So it was a motivational video of sorts, but not like the recent motivational speech. The closest video I can compare it to is "How To Get Shit Done - The Inner Game Of Being A Results-Maker", but I don't think that was it.

He went through a lot of thought patterns in the video, emphasized that after a certain point you get so acclimated to a mediocre life that you lose the ability to recognize its mediocre and your life passes you by.

@EternalForest I think this is it. It starts with mediocrity and how society has become so easy. Then he goes through bullet proof principles/strategies for building a good life. 
Worth watching again. Thanks for bringing this up!

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom oops yes this is the video i meant to say. i watched this video many times, he asks you to make several commitments 

12 minutes ago, K VIL said:

This was Leo's mushroom trip inspired video. From this timeline, he started introducing psychedelics :D 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

4 minutes ago, d0ornokey said:

@Preetom oops yes this is the video i meant to say. i watched this video many times, he asks you to make several commitments 

It's a fantastic video. time to get back to it again!

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

1 minute ago, EternalForest said:

@Preetom That wasn't it, I remember I watched this video way before that one was made.

Okay let me search around a bit again :P 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom Thanks! One thing I know for sure, throughout the video he kept saying the word "mobilized", "get mobilized" "mobilize yourself". I'm actually watching through all of Leo's videos right now, got through about 30 or 40 so far so I'll find it eventually haha! But thanks guys for the help.

@Joseph Maynor It's strange because that seems like almost the exact video without the section in the middle where he talks about "getting mobilized". Another great video, but that's not it. Can you think of any Actualized.org video where there's a section in the middle talking about making a commitment to getting yourself mobilized?

3 minutes ago, EternalForest said:

@Joseph Maynor It's strange because that seems like almost the exact video without the section in the middle where he talks about "getting mobilized". Another great video, but that's not it. Can you think of any Actualized.org video where there's a section in the middle talking about making a commitment to getting yourself mobilized?

Give me a few more details that you can remember.  I've watched all Leo's videos several times.

@Joseph Maynor

The reason I want to find this video so much is that I feel this was the exact video that flipped the switch for me in life and made me really push towards my dreams. It wasn't just as simple as listening to a video and then all of a sudden I'm a completely new person right off the bat. No, the video was more like a seed, and the things said in that video kept being watered and watered to allow me to have the success that I'm having today. Now you may say, if it was so important, why can't you remember the name of the video!? But when I listened to these videos I didn't know the name... You see, this was a period of time where I would download a bunch of mp3 versions of Leo's videos on CDs, or sometimes listen off my flash drive while driving in a car (my job involves a lot of driving). I listened to nearly all of Leo's videos this way, but that was probably my favorite of all.  I don't have the CDs anymore, and I probably deleted the mp3s off my flash drives because I thought that since there were on actualized.org and youtube I could just watch them on there from now on.

Here's everything I remember about the video, I may think of more stuff later.

It was no longer than an hour, but no shorter than 30 minutes, definitely had a 2014 to 2016 vibe. 100% sure its not a 2018 video, but there's a small chance it could be a 2017 video. Most likely though, it came out between 2014 to 2016.

First 1/3 of the video: Excuses people tell themselves for not living their best life possible, focused on procrastination and self-deception (lying to yourself, convincing yourself your life is fine as it is).

2/3 into the video: The commitment. Says from this moment there's a certain line you're going to cross, and you're never going to look back (if I recall correctly). You have to get "mobilized". After you cross this line you're no longer going to live the way you were living before. It was a very distinct part of the video, he may have asked you to repeat something to yourself, or to visualize some line that you were going to cross into becoming this new person. It was an official commitment and he emphasized this "mobilized" or "getting mobilized" thing. I did Ctrl + F on a few videos that I thought would be it by typing in "mob" or "mobilize" "mobilized". If the video doesn't have that term in it, its not the video.

Last third: He talked about various techniques for how to implement this new mindset, how to live your best life possible.

Edited by EternalForest