Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shin

Take notes !

12 posts in this topic

So much time saved if you do that.

For example, right now I want to know if I'm deceiving myself,

So I decided to watch the self-deception videos again.

That's 4 FUCKING HOURS wasted, because if I did took proper notes, I would just have to open Onenote and check them, and read them in less than 10 minutes.

Another example, I remember some really gold nuggets in the Book of not knowing, but I don't know where those are in the books.

This book has 450 pages written in small characters.

It took me 1 months to read the first time ...

So you know what you have to do now !

Homer-Simpson-taking-notes-f5ff49.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I SUCK at taking notes and using it to get a proper understand of the subject, part is laziness and part is just that i don't know how to do this process effectively, Leo could do a video about it. Some material suggestions would be nice.

Just take notes on the most important point that explain the subject of the video.

It's all about intuition, there is zero skill required if you're not in college, since you can pause the video or your reading session at any time.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

@Shin maybe perhaps read a section in the book,  or watch a video, and then rephrase it in your own words and understanding. These will be more powerful when you go back to read them, and perhaps make a note in your rephrasing about where this comes from so you can easily go back and read/watch the source material as needed. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

2 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@Shin maybe perhaps read a section in the book,  or watch a video, and then rephrase it in your own words and understanding. These will be more powerful when you go back to read them, and perhaps make a note in your rephrasing about where this comes from so you can easily go back and read/watch the source material as needed. 

I don't particularly like to do that, because like you said, I would need to read watch again the source to be sure about my notes.

I personally prefer to read the original quotes and think for a few seconds (if necessary) what the meaning of it is.

God is love

And God in them

awarenees doesn’t really work like that brother. there are so many subtleties of self and so many apparent distinctions in thought. I use to do what your trying now but self deception will go on and be missed in its many disguised forms. There is an insight that is so huge into self deception that it can be detected instantly as such. For example to have the insight into how fear manifest but may seem other than fear. Fear, identifying with things, psychological becoming, desire, attatchment to things, pleasure seeking, will manifests in many different ways. This is basically self resisting what is. 

Its like being able to see what we thought were a hundred distinctions of thought as actually one. This makes awareness of self deception a cake walk dude. This is insight into the whole of thought and self. Pretty easy and no content needed to record either. Because here you are watching thought movement. Anyway this has totally changed my life in the last few months. Good luck dude. 

Edited by Jack River

15 minutes ago, Jack River said:

awarenees doesn’t really work like that brother. there are so many subtleties of self and so many apparent distinctions in thought. I use to do what your trying now but self deception will go on and be missed in its many disguised forms. There is an insight that is so huge into self deception that it can be detected instantly as such. For example to have the insight into how fear manifest but may seem other than fear. Fear, identifying with things, psychological becoming, desire, attatchment to things, pleasure seeking, will manifests in many different ways. This is basically self resisting what is. 

Its like being able to see what we thought were a hundred distinctions of thought as actually one. This makes awareness of self deception a cake walk dude. This is insight into the whole of thought and self. Pretty easy and no content needed to record either. Because here you are watching thought movement. Anyway this has totally changed my life in the last few months. Good luck dude. 

This is a topic about taking notes and you talk about non-duality.

Are you Outer in disguise ? 

9_9

God is love

And God in them

Just now, Shin said:

Are you Outer in disguise ? 

That’s low bro lol ? 

No I’m not talking about nonduality. That would be kinda a waste. Just speaking about self deception and being able to recognize its many forms. Because you referred to self deception and being able to detect. 

1 minute ago, Jack River said:

That’s low bro lol ? 

No I’m not talking about nonduality. That would be kinda a waste. Just speaking about self deception and being able to recognize its many forms. Because you referred to self deception and being able to detect. 

But this topic isn't about self-deception at all, it's just an example xD

God is love

And God in them

Can’t talk about nonduality but duality can be disguised. Right dude?

3 minutes ago, Shin said:

But this topic isn't about self-deception at all, it's just an example xD

My point was taking notes on identifying self deception is or if you are deceiving yourself will be way to hard to do having to take notes and review them. It was only in reference to self deception though. 

Edited by Jack River

@Shin@Shin@Shin@Shin Im gonna mainly talk about note taking in relation to academia. Whenever I want to learn about something, I want to maintain a balance between note taking and paying more attention to the source of information. This may not apply to information which is not cognitively intense, but I say that there exists such a balance because there is a trade off in your attention between taking notes and paying attention. People can think far, far faster than they can write information. Therefore the downside to taking notes is that you waste time that you could have spent assimilating information and synthesising links in your mind. I've seen so many people who've had amazing notes on topics and yet they fail at exams. However, it is still generally the case that you need some form of notes. I've seen notes be useful as a way to present information in the idiosyncratic way that you understand and connect with, and notes can act as a tiny spark to a large amount of information stored in your mind. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.