Javfly33

Psychedelics and Fear. How to trascend it?

6 posts in this topic

About 2,3 years ago I discovered psychedelics and they radically changed my negative patterns of thinking and living that I was having for a LOONG time, they were a true miracle to me. Even more, I use them quite a few times and all experiences, apart from being very self-analitical effective to treat my mental negative patterns, all were amazing and comfortable, nothing like all the information that goes on in culture and in media about going insane, and feeling scared etc.

The previous 3,4 years I was living a nightmare of life  I had such an ego, obsessive personality that I don´t know if any other thing could have made me accept other ways of thinking and seeing reality than just a drug that forces you to lol. For that time I knew nothing about meditation, consciousness, self-honesty etc, of course, after that I started being interested in this kind of stuff (and later on also discovered actualized.org)

However, about 1 year and some months ago, I had a little disturbing trip (100% because of an inmature set and setting) definetely nothing too bad.

However, I think it was the reason to stay away from psychs from a while. I thought, next time, I will prepare everything better and I will trip more occasionally. But since that time I hadn´t touch them again. When I think about planning a trip, I start to have irrational fears that make me to cancel it, this makes me so sad, particularly because I have been working in quitting an addiction for more than two years now, and I see no progress AT ALL.  I feel tripping could really help with this addiction too. BUT JUST comes the day of tripping that I planned and I just find myself having fearful thoughts about all kind of irrational fears such as: what happens if i loose so much touch with reality that i will jump out of a window (not very original huh) etc.

Constant obssesive thoughts, that rule my life and prevent me from develop myself, (I also work on meditation and yoga habit daily, but still, I feel the leverage that a trip could provide could really help me). I HAVE NEVER felt SO stuck by my own ego. The good news if for once in my life I can see cristal clear that the source ofthe problems and pain in my life, its me, and only me. So in a sense, there´s some peace there. 

Just a question  

For how long were you planning on taking psychedelics? Your whole life?  A decade?  

How much trips have you had until now? Did you trip every weekend, every month? For how long

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

@Javfly33 I think its just a matter of facing that fear head on. You should pick a day that you know will be good for you to trip, make all of the usual preparations, and then just commit to it. It also depends on the psychedelic and the dose. A small mushroom trip is not going to be that difficult or challenging. A large LSD trip might be something to avoid - or maybe not.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski