Adrija

Positivity

79 posts in this topic

Hey people, ths is adrija. i'm a high school student and am in the last year of schooling. I've been a lazy, not-so-positive,not-so-motivated student. But its been 3 months that i'm into self-development and i've developed myself in some areas. But as its not been long that i'm into ths self-development so i have to keep fighting with my subconscious mind and my conscious mind almost everyday. But sometimes i just think that if i lose and if i fail to reprogram my subconscious mind and if i just let my present conscious mind win over then what the hell will happen to me. I'll be shattered. This fear kinda holds me back. So what can i do about it?

please help. really need it. thank you.

@Adrija Reprogram your subconscious mind? 

You cannot. 

You are aware now when you are lazy or negative, that`s the start.

Just continue and train yourself in this awareness, you`ll make progress. Not forcing, but gently and natural.

@Henri thanx a lot

Edited by Adrija

@Socrates different people have different views on a matter.  views of people cannot match always. tht does not mean one is lying. he just happen to have a different view. 

@Socrates well if thats the case then its really not necessary that wat u think have to be the"TRUTH" u know. and its really about opinion

Edited by Adrija

@Socrateswell, ur point about the subconscious mind can be correct. i don't know. but i think awareness and consistent repetition can actually rewire subconscious mind.

and dork? really?

dont u think that just becuz u think that people who have a different opinion are dork makes u a real dork? just sayin "LOL"

c thats wat makes u a dork . u dont understand things.

u need self actualisation. u so do need it

@Socrates o my god look whos going red out of anger. u just dont realise but trust me this once that U really need help. watch leo's videos on self actualization- that'll make u understand how silly and dope u are and  u should also watch the video on anger management. it'll really help u guy.. eh

@Socrates no one on this earth can become an instant buddha by just sitting back and watching a video u dope.

aactually u know wat i should stop replying u. u r so not my cup of tea.

but one last piece ofadvice : dont evr leave self development otherwise it might get u to an asylum  someday

@Socrates If we didn't have the ability to alter the subconscious mind, wouldn't that mean that we wouldn't have the ability to shift habits? Habits are the result of an action being repeated consistently enough for it to be established within the subconscious mind, resulting in the action becoming automatic because the conscious mind no longer needs to process it. If you weren't able to alter the subconscious mind, it would then be completely impossible to establish new habits, or reverse old habits. Since you obviously can establish new habits, this clearly implies that you can alter the contents of the subconscious mind. 

@Socrates It currently doesn't seem true to me that you can only add to it rather than alter it, but I would need more self analysis before I can conclude either way. 

@Socrates In my experience, I have changed many beliefs and habits. What seems to occur is that I don't revert back to the initial habit, but rather the habit that is directly prior to the new one. This is what I mean by this: Lets say I had the habit of watching TV, but then this habit got replaced by the habit of playing videogames. Then after the habit of playing videogames has been established for a while, I decided to replace this habit with writing. If I were to stop writing, I wouldn't regress to the initial habit of watching TV. I would instead regress to the habit that was directly prior to the habit of writing, which is the habit of playing videogames. What do you think? 

@Socrates It basically sums up how I feel. The alien with tears streaming down represents how I've always felt different, and was basically always isolated from society. His hands in a prayer like position, and the golden circle in the background which could symbolize a halo, is representative of my devotion to seeking Truth, Being, God, or whatever you want to call it. 

Edited by Infinite

@Infinite  @Socrates  With consciousness I follow Ken Wilbers model as written in his `Spectrum of consciousness`.

There he describes 5 different types of subconsciousness. I have it in dutch and it`s quite a job to translate it.

You may check it out on google. 9_9

@Socrates It's definitely a gift. In contrast to when I was younger, I would never want to be more like everyone else anymore.

@Socrates 'Reprogram your subconscious mind' is just a way of describing changing out thought patterns, habits and attitudes. 

It is the basis of learning and self-improvement. 

I personally have drastically changed my thought patterns, habits and attitudes in the past two years of being involved with PD. I'm sure most others on this forum have too.

Moreover, the entire psychotherapy profession is focused on delving into clients subconscious and altering the influence it has on their life.

It seems irrational to just assume, despite all evidence, that the behaviour of the subconscious can not be altered. 

On 03/04/2016 at 7:16 PM, Socrates said:

@Infinite I know one thing for sure. You can add a belief, but you cannot take a core belief away. You can add a new habit, but once you stop you will always revert back to what you are. You can look in the mirror all your life and say socrates is the best, but you will have to do it for the rest of your life.

You couldn't possibly know that for sure. ;P

I don't particularly like affirmations but other techniques certainly can obliterate a core belief.

@Socrates  I dont find your argumentation style very productive. I've seen this in a number of posts. You never seem to grasp what points people are actually making.

For example, in 'are ISIS members acting morally': You ignore what @SkyPanther is actually saying and keep banging on about this idea that he is trying to push 'green' on everything. Seems to me like you've built up this strawman argument and just keep using it wherever you see fit, even if it is completely irrelevant.

Moreover, you I have seen you attack anyone who disagrees with you but I am yet to see you change your mind on anything. Eg. @Isle of View

You are either right about everything, or too stuck in your beliefs to even contemplate the chance that you might be wrong. Or you just like being confrontational. ;)

@Socrates

Hey mate, what happened?

Are we being a little bit confrontational today?

And what does this mean:

2 hours ago, Socrates said:

And buddy... Im not you mate yeah?

Kind regards, 
Chris