Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Annoynymous

Self Actualization and Society

9 posts in this topic

Now a days I am very depressed and anxious about the current society in which I live. I feel like it is in many ways, obstructing me to do works that needed to be done for self Actualization.

My question is, is it necessary to live in a society that is more easygoing in order to do self Actualization work? Or is it just my ego/mind showing excuses and therefore society doesn't matter for doing these work?

4 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

Or is it just my ego/mind showing excuses and therefore society doesn't matter for doing these work?

I used a very toxic work environment and the suffering that ensued as a way to completely change my life. Many spiritual masters will talk about how unconscious behavior can be your catalyst for growth. 

Of course your end state should be to leave that which doesn't serve you; however, don't let the monkey mind convince you that you need this or that to self actualize. You have to work with what God issued you, and try and make it the best vehicle (this body brain spirit thing you have) you possibly can. Hope this makes sense. Much love to you. 

4 minutes ago, Equanimitize said:

I used a very toxic work environment and the suffering that ensued as a way to completely change my life. Many spiritual masters will talk about how unconscious behavior can be your catalyst for growth. 

Can you further tell your experience? It seems interesting.

I would say it's your ego just making up excuses. Nothing is impossible. Even if you lived in the most shittest, worst, and toxic environment, it is still your own responsibility to make the best out of your life.

You're not human, you're the universe

All environments are toxic, people usually are vibrational parasites, as child/parent relation way until they awaken. So in order to self actualize faster the back door is quit society for a period of time.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Annoynymous

Those obstructions do exist, but it doesn't matter. If you want to live in society than take responsibility and find a way to do the work.

14 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

Can you further tell your experience? It seems interesting.

Sure, thank you for the question! From my experience one of the common denominators of a toxic work environment is there is usually someone on the top of the hierarchy that has Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Antisocial Personality Disorder (Sociopath), or worse case scenario a Psychopath. Of course these are just labels of different human beings, and they are spreading their energy out into the world for their own survival. What happens though, is that the tentacles reach out and touch everyone in the organization, which can lead to a lot of dysfunction.  

A few of the traits that I would say define a toxic work environment are Harmful Negative Gossip also known as backbiting, manipulation, bullying, fearful culture, low morale, harassment, retaliation, apathy, nihilism, intimidation, corruption, lack of vision/purpose, and many other traits.

What this leads to usually is a lack of mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual health. People usually have long bouts of depression, and sort of get into a perpetual state of misery where they don’t know where or what to do next. 

So what I have done, is use the unconscious behavior at the toxic work environment to transform my life. Of course the end state is always to remove yourself from this environment with the right purpose/vision. However, in the meantime you can use the environment as a tool for your personal development as that is what I have done. 

Also, I would also like to add that in mainstream America where most companies are operating at stage Orange of Spiral Dynamics-which tend to be very toxic work environments because everything revolves around the bottom dollar, they are not able to see that they can have the bottom dollar as well as physical and emotional health. 

I give an example of a toxic work environment, but in reality it is just a microcosm of the greater whole of society-so this will be applicable to literally everyone. In a nutshell pain and suffering is what gave me the capability to begin the self actualization journey. 

13 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

All environments are toxic, people usually are vibrational parasites, as child/parent relation way until they awaken. So in order to self actualize faster the back door is quit society for a period of time.

Theres some truth to this, which should give credence to how much suffering is going on within society. This should also motivate us to become our best versions so we can "be the change we want to see." I mean, just look at peoples body language next time you go to the grocery store, theres a lot of suffering. It takes someone strong, someone who has been through the gauntlet to turn the darkness into light. We have choices everyday to make a difference in our life and others lives.  

@Equanimitize Thank you for sharing your story.

What do you think, at the very end, it becomes necessary to quit the environment that is toxic and demoralizing? Or one can be within and make a peace with it?

2 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

What do you think, at the very end, it becomes necessary to quit the environment that is toxic and demoralizing? Or one can be within and make a peace with it?

No problem, my pleasure! In the end I think it is best to leave the environment that is toxic and demoralizing. With that being said if you do decide to stay or you have no choice to stay whats going to end up happening is you will be the catalyst for everyone else as long as you keep developing yourself. In other words you will become the leader, and before you know it you will actually change the trajectory of the environment that you are in. You will be the shining light for everyone to see, you will embody strength, you will exude love and compassion-and people will be attracted to your energy. 

When people see your energy their almost forced to look within, they are forced to stop pointing the finger outward because they actually do realize even for a moment that three are pointing back at them.