The Don

Bullshit Is Fundamental Whether Tou Like It Or Not

43 posts in this topic

What makes “rationality” irrational? 

Edited by Jack River

It's a mind blowing insight to realize just how much bullshit there is, so many things that look like no-brainers but are overlooked

Honestly it's pretty difficult to spot my own alleged bullshit, where is it? What logical error am I making when choosing what to believe? I don't see it, but I haven't looked extremely far either

11 minutes ago, tenta said:

It's a mind blowing insight to realize just how much bullshit there is, so many things that look like no-brainers but are overlooked

Honestly it's pretty difficult to spot my own alleged bullshit, where is it? What logical error am I making when choosing what to believe? I don't see it, but I haven't looked extremely far either

It seems like you are still categorizing “bullshit” and “non-bullshit”. Notice how in the video Leo rambled off about a hundred forms of “bullshit”. Most people would nod their head for some examples and think “yea, that religion stuff is bullshit”. Yet in the same person, there is also the sense “hey wait a minute, science, evolution etc. isn’t bullshit - it’s different than religious bullshit”. The deeper level transcends bullshit.

Imagine you are dreaming - is any part of the dream more “bullshit” than any other part?

50 minutes ago, Jack River said:

What makes “rationality” irrational? 

Rational is rational. There is also pre-rational (e.g. a child) and post-rational (e.g. a mystic). A rationalist will conflate pre- and post- rational as both being irrational. 

A child scared of a monster hiding under his bed is different than a mystic contacting a being in another realm. Yet to a rationalist they are both at the same level - irrational. 

2 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yet to a rationalist they are both at the same level - irrational. 

Fosho..but way makes them irrational? 

22 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Fosho..but way makes them irrational? 

What makes a child scared of a monster hiding under his bed irrational?

Just now, Serotoninluv said:

Why is a child scared of a monster hiding under his bed irrational?

No, what makes rationality irrational? 

4 minutes ago, Jack River said:

No, what makes rationality irrational? 

Rationality is not irrational. Rationality is post- irrational. A child that realizes Santa Clause isn’t real and understands why the belief is irrational is becoming rational.

2 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Rationality is not irrational. Rationality is post- irrational. A child that realizes Santa Clause isn’t real and understands why the belief is irrational is becoming rational.

So Rational thinking is truth/intelligence seeing the limitation of thought. Truth makes thought run straight. 

Edited by Jack River

12 minutes ago, Jack River said:

So Rational thinking is truth/intelligence seeing the limitation of thought.

That is post-rational.

Richard Dawkins is a brilliant rationalist, yet he cannot see the limits of rational thought.

Deepak Chopra can use rational thought, understands the limits of rational thought and can communicate post-rationally.

Deepak would not view Dawkins as irrational like he would view a child that believes in Santa Claus is irrational.

1 minute ago, Serotoninluv said:

That is post-rational.

Richard Dawkins is a brilliant rationalist, yet he cannot see the limits of rational thought.

Deepak Chopra can use rational thought, understands the limits of rational thought and can communicate post-rationally.

I feel ya. I figured we were on the same page. Just wasnt sure about the term post rational. Thanks for responses dude?

Edited by Jack River

17 minutes ago, Jack River said:

I feel ya. I figured we were on the same page. Just wasnt sure about the term post rational. Thanks for responses dude?

Isn’t it super cool? Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens were two of my heroes. Their rational IQ was so high that I thought any confusion I had must mean I’m not yet intelligent enough to understand. Then I began realizing they lack the ability to use higher modes of being. It was like they are super skilled at using a saw, then you wonder “why aren’t they using a chainsaw here?”. Then comes the realization that they are unable to use a chainsaw and might not even know a chainsaw exists. It’s kinda trippy- I didn’t know if I was going insane.

Regarding terms, I consider pre-rational and irrational to be pretty much the same. Post-rational is different to me. I make distinctions because I see many people group multiple levels as being “irrational”.

Language is super cool. Take “intuition” for example. Why is there only one word for intuition? If everyone spent two hours a day contemplating, discussing and developing their intuition, there would be dozens of words to describe all the nuances and subtleties of intuition.

Leo is the first person I’ve seen use a new term for intuition - “hyper-intuition”. So we know have two flavors of intuition. How many more will arise? 

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Isn’t it super cool? Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens were two of my heroes. Their rational IQ was so high that I thought any confusion I had must mean I’m not yet intelligent enough to understand. Then I began realizing they lack the ability to use higher modes of being. It was like they are super skilled at using a saw, then you wonder “why aren’t they using a chainsaw here?”. Then comes the realization that they are unable to use a chainsaw and might not even know a chainsaw exists. It’s kinda trippy- I didn’t know if I was going insane.

Regarding terms, I consider pre-rational and irrational to be pretty much the same. Post-rational is different to me. I make distinctions because I see many people group multiple levels as being “irrational”.

Language is super cool. Take “intuition” for example. Why is there only one word for intuition? If everyone spent o hours a day contemplating, discussingand developing their intuition, there would be dozens of words to describe all the nuances and subtleties of intuition.

I think we point to truth/intelligence the same way. Only you use intuition and I use insight or holistic perception. Yeah I think I understand what you are saying man. 

Edited by Jack River

To me insight of truth/intelligence sees holistically the whole field of reality/thought. Which means a comprehensive understanding of all its limits. That thebsame for your intuition?

Edited by Jack River

1 minute ago, Jack River said:

I think we point to truth/intelligence the same way. Only you use intuition and I use insight or holistic perception. 

These are great spritutual discussions for evolution.

Perhaps intuition and insight is the same, or perhaps they are similar. Kinda like chocolate and fudge are similar.

1 minute ago, Serotoninluv said:

These are great spritutual discussions for evolution.

Perhaps intuition and insight is the same, or perhaps they are similar. Kinda like chocolate and fudge are similar.

Yep. I’m digging what your laying down dude:D

1 minute ago, Jack River said:

Yep. I’m digging what your laying down dude:D

I’m just beginning to explore intuition. I recently met a gal who is highly intuitive and has experienced paranormal states - it’s eerie. Yet, she has never experienced psychedelics before. There is a fascinating attraction between us.

Just now, Serotoninluv said:

I’m just beginning to explore intuition. I recently met a gal who is highly intuitive and has experienced paranormal states - it’s eerie. Yet, she has never experienced psychedelics before. There is a fascinating attraction between us.

Groovy? . For me intuition or insight sets in when I am silent. I too am new to this. Just about a month now. The more silent the mind the more clearer the insight seems. I do not explore this insight but it comes in a flash when I am not in psychological pursuit. Or not reacting to the field of thought. 

3 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yes. It’s all “bullshit”, including that idea and this idea.

When I went to Mu, everything was deconstructed to nothingness, then reconstructed to everythingness.

There is an IS prior to all the language and ideas. Prior to ALL ideas - even wonderful ideas, insightful ideas etc. From this perspective, all ideas are just appearances from nothing. “Bullshit” doesn’t mean bad or good. It’s just a term to knock people off their rational grounding into something that becomes groundless, then becomes groundless ground.

Regarding irritation, if a kid kept urinating in the punch bowls at a party, it would be challengeing to remain patient and show the child unconditional love - especially after drinking his piss juice. It’s human nature to get irritated at times. 

Seeing that Maya is an illusion is  not merely based on Thought.  This is what Stage Turquoise doesn't understand.  Seeing and Thinking are two different things.  You can come to see through an illusion.  That doesn't have anything to do with Thinking or ideas.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

14 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Groovy? . For me intuition or insight sets in when I am silent. 

I hear ya. . . . So I’m out to dinner on a first date with this gal. We go into some deep existential discussion. I’m in my comfort zone. Then there was a long period of silence and energy, intuition, empathy bubbled up. That “whoo whoo” airy fairy stuff. I wanted to avoid it and start talking again or go to the restroom. But then I tried to surrender to it. The thought arose “Hang on. Shit just got real. You made it through that Ayahuasca ceremony, you can make it through this”. ??