Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rilles

If You Need A Self-Inquiry Boost

13 posts in this topic

Is regular old finding yourself getting you down? Try these techniques:

•Notice that YOU are experiencing all of your senses, who is “inside” or “behind” all of your senses?

•Locate yourself “inside” hearing, tasting, smelling, etc can you find anyone there?

•What implies identity? Feeling, autonomy? More of a contemplation.

:)

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Also I would like to add something helped me when I get stuck in my meditation habit of years, which was:

Give off FULL CONTROL. 

That's all I can say, go and experiment with it. If I say personal experiences here, one word would be enough to poison you. Actually the whole sentence above might even poison you on some level if we keep philosophical here. But no, It won't. The sentence itself is enough. Go and experiment with it. Hope it helps.

Choose to be happy, not for the conditions set for happiness. Then yet you smile because you get it doesn't exist, yet not existed even the first place. It was your you. Thought it. Blessings.

There’s both nothing behind the scenes and something behind the scenes, it’s paradoxical.  Can you explain how this paradox might make sense?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor I caught in that paradox right now, I cant explain it, thats why I always write open questions. :)

1 minute ago, Rilles said:

@Joseph Maynor I caught in that paradox right now, I cant explain it, thats why I always write open questions. :)

Nobody wants to actually do the work.  It’s like pulling teeth to get someone to actually contemplate something.

@Joseph Maynor My old mentor (turquoise or coral) used to really stress the importance of journalling and contemplation. Although I resisted at first, in the end I filled dozens of journals with my own personal contemplation on Spirit. Most of my writings were completely nonsense (I was 15/16 and isolated from outside sources) but it solidified my knowing. 

Perhaps others think their contemplations are nonsense too and feel intimidated by the process. Its the very personal insights, revelation and integration of key values as a result of the process that matters, not the level of cognitive comprehension or impressive display of intellect. 

Edited by Artaemis

I think I need to work on my insane perfectionism. I edited my post like 20 times. 

:/

must.make.insight.perfect 

Edited by Artaemis

@Artaemis You just want to be like Joseph! admit it! :P

@Outer Your need to correct pretty much everyone but yourself is a distraction. At least I'm trying to self correct. Even though it doesn't match up to your posting standards. 

@Artaemis Can there really be a perfect insight? Doesnt that mean youve stopped looking? I love the openness that comes with self-inquiry, I hope I never feel “Okay Im done! Finally” :P

@Rilles Of course not. I was trying to perfect my grammar and sentence structure. I've become rusty at writing. I'm out of practice. 

@Outer I apologize for lashing out.

I need to learn the difference between assertiveness and aggression. I was mostly taught aggression.

Edited by Artaemis