SaltyMeatballs

MAJOR Lifestyle changes

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone here in the past or currently planning to radically change their life 180 degrees? Leave everything behind and start fresh elsewhere. For example, if im working a 9-5 I decide to become a yogi apprentice or enlist in the armed forces etc... What are your opinions on these massive changes... compared to the conventional smaller changes like habits, moving house, finding a partner and so on. 

I just quitted my 9-5 job today. It was a quite relaxed job in the social sector in Germany but it was often boring office stuff and highly bureaucratic - I didn't see my future there. Also like @Shiva I didn't enjoy the lifestyle being secure and predictable.

The new plan is going to India in December and do a Yoga teacher training in Rishikesh. Of course it is a high risk move but it gets me excited all the way :-). So you get my view on massive changes ;-). Do it as long as you are young because often older people regret it when they had the chance to get out of theit comfort zone life. Now is the time to to change something - not later.

What's the difference between a duck?

6 hours ago, Shiva said:

The amount of growth that comes with these changes is unbelievable. It's now my third major lifestyle shift of this kind and this one probably wasn't my last.

Exactly, most people take actions which will slowly lead to a transitions, which then lead to transformations. You're going from the bottom of the stairs all the way to the top, so you are essentially forcing yourself to adapt to the environment in which you seek.

When you combine this with the no retreat rule, in which you burn the ship so that the capability to retreat is not an option-where you have to fight the battle. You are left with Big results; results that were not foreseeable at your previous level.  

On 11.10.2018 at 6:53 PM, Mirror of Confusion said:

The new plan is going to India in December and do a Yoga teacher training in Rishikesh. Of course it is a high risk move but it gets me excited all the way :-). So you get my view on massive changes ;-). Do it as long as you are young because often older people regret it when they had the chance to get out of theit comfort zone life. Now is the time to to change something - not later.

@Mirror of Confusion Oh!! Where are you going and for how long? Because I'm planning on going to Rishikesh Yog Peeth for 500hrs teacher training in December...!

My 2nd option is to go to study art (starting from the very basics), more specifically painting. It's too hard to decide. But major life changes incoming! :P 

Edited by YoYoYo