Andreas

How to appreciate other people's ignorance?

7 posts in this topic

How do you appreciate other people's ignorance rather than explaining or getting annoyed at them and being percieved as arrogant or trying to be morally superior? 

Because I know that I also am wildly ignorant of certain things that other people are keenly aware of. I would like to be treated with understanding and kindness in that circumstance, so that's how I try to treat others when the table is turned. When that ignorant person is in front of you, look at him as though he were the part of YOU that is ignorant. Be tender with yourself. 

I sometimes have trouble with being unnecessarily judging towards other people or myself. Whenever that happens and I become aware of it, I try to remind myself that people are always doing the best they are capable of at that point in time. Maybe they aren't too conscious, maybe they have some bad information. Trying to force people to change their views never helps, try to accept people at whatever point in their growth they are and you'll be helping them move along better than wagging your finger.

You just stop being interested in it.

It will just happen if you stop judging yourself.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

When you realize that you yourself are just as ignorant. ^_^

Dont look at me! Look inside!

The degree to which you appreciate your own ignorance is the degree to which you will appreciate other´s