Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Evelyn

Was I enlightened for some seconds?

29 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Evelyn said:

@Shin  Dream world and "real" world are quite similar. I had some lucid dreams in which I questined the nature of reality. I was doing tests like eating, touching, smelling, etc. and they all seemed so real, even though it was all in my head. Hence the conclusion, even this "reality" might be just in my head. Also when you become aware in a dream, you have to maintain it, just like in reality. When you wake up in the dream, everything is more beautiful, and you look more at details, just like in reality... xD In my opinion, that feeling you have when you become aware in a dream is similar to the feeling you have when you become aware in real life. Also, I noticed the more aware I become, the more lucid dreams I have, even without trying to have them.

???

5a815f077a556_Sanstitre.png.218b527d9eafeac3ccc2e180733401cd.png 

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

5 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Shin xDxD..................................

5 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

I have a feeling that it's not going to be funny when I will wake up and still doubt af I really did.

Do you have any advice for someone who's totally confused about that ? ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

3 hours ago, Shin said:

I have a feeling that it's not going to be funny when I will wake up and still doubt af I really did.

Do you have any advice for someone who's totally confused about that ? ?

@Shin Doubt keeps it fresh. Forever blooming/awakening. The dream consciousness itself is dreaming. If it wasn't for doubt the world would cease to exist.

Do you really want total enlightenment?

Enlightenment is not be pleasant in some sense, however, once you break try to stay in between to realize power of it.

Total enlightenment means there is not much of use in this dual world.

@Evelyn It sounds like you are experiencing an awakening. It feels great when you feel open and highly conscious doesn't it? :)

But then you have those moments where you feel like you've lost it. You can't seem get back into the open state again. At least that's how it was for me. 

Well.. you can't control the state you're in. Trying to do it will only create more frustration. Can you see the energy you invest in resisting and grasping experiences? Can you see how that only creates more suffering?

On 10/2/2018 at 5:47 AM, Leo Gura said:

Count how many times you wrote "me", "my", "I" in your post.

That's why.

You keep thinking you into existence. Stop thinking about yourself and you will cease to exist.

"You" can't get enlightened. Enlightenment is the end of you-ing.

This problem requires extreme mindfulness. Watch for I-thoughts like a hawk and deconstruct them or let them go.

It needs to become clear that the self is a conceptual fabrication, not a physical object. And this needs to be seen deeper than at the level of thinking about it.

This always seems to be tricky. Its kind of a pain sometimes to work around language barriers. So this probably wouldn't always be an indicator of such thoughts. Its always more convenient to just type like the self exists to make expression simplified in a way everybody knows.

18 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

@Evelyn It sounds like you are experiencing an awakening. It feels great when you feel open and highly conscious doesn't it? :)

But then you have those moments where you feel like you've lost it. You can't seem get back into the open state again. At least that's how it was for me. 

Well.. you can't control the state you're in. Trying to do it will only create more frustration. Can you see the energy you invest in resisting and grasping experiences? Can you see how that only creates more suffering?

Back then it felt ridiculously simply and easy, in a way I cannot comprehend now. It was as simple as pushing a switch. I think it only happened because my mind was asleep. I think that is the key, the switch is to shut down the mind somehow. In meditation, after a while I feel like dozzing off, perhaps I can use that to trick my mind into falling asleep while awareness is still there... 9_9

Edited by Evelyn

3 hours ago, Evelyn said:

Back then it felt ridiculously simply and easy, in a way I cannot comprehend now. It was as simple as pushing a switch. I think it only happened because my mind was asleep. I think that is the key, the switch is to shut down the mind somehow. In meditation, after a while I feel like dozzing off, perhaps I can use that to trick my mind into falling asleep while awareness is still there... 9_9

It's is because it takes no effort. Effort can't get you there. No tricks either. :P