Cocolove

Is this non duality?

8 posts in this topic

Recently took 2g mushrooms. I meditated and did some self inquiry, tried to do strong determination sit but that only lasted 45 minutes.

All of a sudden I had some huge realization that was non-conceptual. I couldn't take it back with me. For about 5 minutes I was in such a deep bliss and peace, there was absolutely no suffering and I started balling my eyes out. Then it started to fade just as fast as it came, and I tried to get back to it/hold on, but realized I couldn't and let it go.

I don't know if there was a self/other duality or not.  When It happened I kept thinking OH MY GOD OH MY GOD, THAT'S IT(IT meaning the truth) then pausing, realizing the significance of whatever I had realized and mumbling it to myself over and over while I cried.

I think this is an enlightenment experience. When you have those is it possible to not think the idea of "I am nothingness", "god, or "infinite". Is it possible to have that realization without taking back that conceptual understanding with you?

Yes because your conceptual understanding will not necessarily describe a truth. Conceptual understanding only a mimic of Holistic understanding anyway, so I say it's not a problem.

Is there a way to know if you experienced enlightenment? I've heard people say if you experience it, "you'll know", but I don't

Many people say it can't be described O.o, but that you'd be aware of it.

Edited by i am I AM

@TripleNipple

Ifinite, or seeing that there’s nothing to know, ‘back in duality’ seems like there was something you knew infinitely. A joke of enormous portion you play on yourself.         Less serious, more fun & funny life, more love in life...more enlightenment. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 hours ago, TripleNipple said:

Recently took 2g mushrooms. I meditated and did some self inquiry, tried to do strong determination sit but that only lasted 45 minutes.

All of a sudden I had some huge realization that was non-conceptual. I couldn't take it back with me. For about 5 minutes I was in such a deep bliss and peace, there was absolutely no suffering and I started balling my eyes out. Then it started to fade just as fast as it came, and I tried to get back to it/hold on, but realized I couldn't and let it go.

I don't know if there was a self/other duality or not.  When It happened I kept thinking OH MY GOD OH MY GOD, THAT'S IT(IT meaning the truth) then pausing, realizing the significance of whatever I had realized and mumbling it to myself over and over while I cried.

I think this is an enlightenment experience. When you have those is it possible to not think the idea of "I am nothingness", "god, or "infinite". Is it possible to have that realization without taking back that conceptual understanding with you?

Sounds like you connected with the truest aspect of your heart.