kieranperez

Lack of Self-Acceptance a Crucial Obstacle?

9 posts in this topic

Is lack of self-acceptance and development of emotional well being with ones current knowledge of themselves (prior to awakening) an obstacle? I’ve been meditating much much more and I find I hit this crack where I eventually break down crying. I’ve decided to commit my life to this and am commiting to surrender more and more but I feel like this might be something I need to balance with a lot of self-acceptance and compassion and maybe shadow stuff? It’s the feeling of I’m not strong enough and how I’m letting people down and hurting people because I’m pursuing this thing that feels so self absorbed. 

Does FULL surrender require a certain type of strength of character and resolve that one might not currently be ready for and instead have to build up? Healthier, less neurotic ego.

Edited by kieranperez

Yes! For me self-acceptance is absolutely crucial form self expansion. Mainly, the acceptance of the physical body.

I am currently doing the daily exercises of Reikian Therapy and the last month I can look myself easily in the mirror without a lot of judgment about how I look. This has increased my self confidence and self esteem (one pillar of self-esteem is the practice of accepting ones self).

Practice non judgment in front of your mirror if you struggle with this issue. It works wonders, 5-10 minutes daily. Also try to affirm that you love yourself in front of your mirror. Do this 1st thing in the morning with all of your focus.

I would suggest that we need to practice self-acceptance daily, in every step we make, every breath we take, consciously. We definitely do not have to wait the "precious moment of awakening".  

Find a balance in your life, do not let yourself get absorbed in personal development all of the time.

You've slept a hundred nights, And what has it brought you? For your self, for your God, Wake up! Wake up! Sleep no more.

2 hours ago, LiakosN said:

Yes! For me self-acceptance is absolutely crucial form self expansion. Mainly, the acceptance of the physical body.

I am currently doing the daily exercises of Reikian Therapy and the last month I can look myself easily in the mirror without a lot of judgment about how I look. This has increased my self confidence and self esteem (one pillar of self-esteem is the practice of accepting ones self).

Practice non judgment in front of your mirror if you struggle with this issue. It works wonders, 5-10 minutes daily. Also try to affirm that you love yourself in front of your mirror. Do this 1st thing in the morning with all of your focus.

I would suggest that we need to practice self-acceptance daily, in every step we make, every breath we take, consciously. We definitely do not have to wait the "precious moment of awakening".  

Find a balance in your life, do not let yourself get absorbed in personal development all of the time.

I think @LiakosN is making a very good point here! Mirror stuff does wonders for me too- and yes don't let it get to your head. You need to know when taking a step backwards is actually a step forward.. tough for sure sometimes.

12 hours ago, kieranperez said:

Is lack of self-acceptance and development of emotional well being with ones current knowledge of themselves (prior to awakening) an obstacle? I’ve been meditating much much more and I find I hit this crack where I eventually break down crying. I’ve decided to commit my life to this and am commiting to surrender more and more but I feel like this might be something I need to balance with a lot of self-acceptance and compassion and maybe shadow stuff? It’s the feeling of I’m not strong enough and how I’m letting people down and hurting people because I’m pursuing this thing that feels so self absorbed. 

Does FULL surrender require a certain type of strength of character and resolve that one might not currently be ready for and instead have to build up? Healthier, less neurotic ego.

What characteristics of your thoughts, feelings, behaviors and physical appearance are difficult for you to accept ?

You've slept a hundred nights, And what has it brought you? For your self, for your God, Wake up! Wake up! Sleep no more.

13 hours ago, kieranperez said:

Does FULL surrender require a certain type of strength of character and resolve that one might not currently be ready for and instead have to build up? Healthier, less neurotic ego

Surrender. Let anger out. Let crying out. Let everything go until there is only now. As the presence in which these purges and purification’s unfold, be mindful not to attach to any one emotion, or to conceptualize a long term, from a passing short term state of mind. There is a tremendous amount of love in you, and it’s totally normal to be initially terrified & overwhelmed. 

You might say falsity is surrendered, and character and resolve arise in that vulnerability. Paraxically being without armour is authentic strength, and heather & happier. The ‘purge’ can be rough. It’s all worth it, all like it should be. All is well. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

20 hours ago, LiakosN said:

????

?IngitScooby ?

10 hours ago, Nahm said:

Surrender. Let anger out. Let crying out. Let everything go until there is only now. As the presence in which these purges and purification’s unfold, be mindful not to attach to any one emotion, or to conceptualize a long term, from a passing short term state of mind. There is a tremendous amount of love in you, and it’s totally normal to be initially terrified & overwhelmed. 

You might say falsity is surrendered, and character and resolve arise in that vulnerability. Paraxically being without armour is authentic strength, and heather & happier. The ‘purge’ can be rough. It’s all worth it, all like it should be. All is well. 

:x:x Love you! This words.. they are like coming from my heart (even though you have written them)!

Edited by LiakosN

If you do not accept yourself then the decisions you make are not aligned and you will run off course without even being aware of what is going wrong in your life. You could judge a character based on his lies that he is not willing to accept of himself. But you cannot judge someone who is accepting himself. Because there is nothing left to judge. Self-accepting person is not in a fighting state anymore. Only reason you fight for your survival is because you are not accepting that you have a life. There is nothing worth fighting for. Because everything you fight for will come and bite you in the ass and that might cost you your real life. Like getting hit by truck when you were busy texting. That is sad, indeed.