seeking_brilliance

Is the earth round?

25 posts in this topic

@Telepresent thank you, that is clarifying a bit. Could you take a look at my journal and see if I am doing autolysis correctly or if I should go in a different direction? 

As you can see in my journal I am combining autolysis with shadow work but not sure if I should continue doing that

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@seeking_brilliance Sure - can you drop a link here and I'll have a look in a few hours? Bear in mind I'm an explorer myself, so I expect I won't be able to say "you need to go in this direction", but I can certainly let you know my thoughts & maybe throw some questions your way

@Telepresent

Yeah it's just the process of doing autolysis that seems to confuse me. I had to look all over the internet for proper ways to go about it but there really wasn't much info that I found. I don't particularly think there's a wrong way to do it but I don't want to be spinning wheels if perhaps there is a more simplified way to do it. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

6 hours ago, Telepresent said:

Not quite. The (paraphrased) instruction is "write something you know to be true, or believe to be true, and keep reducing it until you reach what is true". So knowing that you don't know for sure that something you know in everyday terms is 'true' (I.e. Earth being round) is very much a part of that reduction process. Now take it further: reduce the various reasons, ways, evidences etc. that we've brought up in this thread and reduce them down to what they truly seem to be. Then take that and reduce it down. 

By reducing, we recognise and understand what is not absolutely truthful in our understanding; thought-images, conceptual models, emotional beliefs of ourselves and the world - we take all these things and attempt to identify what is untrue about them. When something is identified as untrue, it can be put down. Eventually, maybe we put everything untrue down. 

So it's not about figuring out what you are, it's putting down what you're not. And I think one of the biggest risks is believing what anybody else says you 'truly' are. Because your head-canon of what they mean becomes a new thing you carry around, a new untruth. Many people seem to be trying to figure out how they can prove to themselves they are infinite consciousness or whatever. Don't. Won't work, can't win. Just find what is untrue in every word, thought, deed, and belief, and put them down

This is a very good description.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.