Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kieranperez

What is Love video triggering my shadow?

7 posts in this topic

During the beginning of the video, Leo gave the exercise of feeling a moment of real love from any moment of my past. However, every time I found one of these moments and really tried to feel into and embrace the love I actually started crying. Not from years of joy or love or anything. But it felt almost like the tears I get when I feel guilt or this sense of loss. 

For instance I brought to mind:

• my dog 
  • moments when I had tears of joy just from being in nature

I really struggle with feeling love for myself too which is why self-acceptance is such a hard exercise because every time I try to conjure love I get this distortion where I feel guilty, a sense of loss (hard to explain), etc. 

In general I really struggle with feeling and allowing myself to feel good. I think it’s a big reason why I struggle with certain questions and exercises in the life purpose course.

Is this my shadow? If so, how do integrate it? I’ve tried for example Ken Wilber’s 3-2-1 shadow integration process but I don’t get it at all and haven’t gotten any results with it.

@kieranperez It's not your shadow. Your heart is just closed and you are stuck in your head.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

DO you guys have some guided meditations for opening the heart?

@kieranperez

Sensation arises, thought tricks us, stay with the sensation, see what it is. Don’t believe the thought, and settle for it,  or you are tricked again. 

Notice where love is - ever experienced it anywhere, but in yourself? No. (See how sneaky thought is?)

Seeing Yourself With Love

Practicing Seeing Yourself with Love can help shift your perspective to see the good qualities within you that others see every day.  Through this practice, you can begin to reclaim and embrace the good that you have overlooked, and see how lovable you really are.  

Imagine seeing yourself and good qualities through the eyes of someone who loves you.  Then, come back to your own perspective and notice how it feels to possess these qualities. 

Long Version

·       Choose someone in your life who truly loves you.

o   If you have trouble thinking of someone, try choosing a person that you knew previously or briefly who made you feel “seen” and accepted.  Or, try choosing a pet.

·       Now, imagine you and this person sitting across from each other beholding one another.  

·       Begin to see yourself through this person’s eyes, focusing on the good qualities he or she sees in you, and this person’s love for you.  

·       Ask yourself, “Why does this person love me? What does he/she see?”

·       Go slowly with this exercise until you can really see and feel what this person sees and feels for you.  

·       When you are ready, come back to yourself and notice how it feels to possess these good qualities.

·       Really take in the good of this experience, savoring the love, worthiness, and good that exist within you.  

·       If you wish, write down these good qualities and read them daily to remind yourself of them.  

This method was adapted from a practice created by James Baraz in his book Awakening Joy.  For more information about Baraz’s work and courses, please visit:

http://www.jamesbaraz.com/

https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 9/24/2018 at 0:42 PM, Nahm said:

@kieranperez

Sensation arises, thought tricks us, stay with the sensation, see what it is. Don’t believe the thought, and settle for it,  or you are tricked again. 

Notice where love is - ever experienced it anywhere, but in yourself? No. (See how sneaky thought is?)

Seeing Yourself With Love

Practicing Seeing Yourself with Love can help shift your perspective to see the good qualities within you that others see every day.  Through this practice, you can begin to reclaim and embrace the good that you have overlooked, and see how lovable you really are.  

Imagine seeing yourself and good qualities through the eyes of someone who loves you.  Then, come back to your own perspective and notice how it feels to possess these qualities. 

Long Version

·       Choose someone in your life who truly loves you.

o   If you have trouble thinking of someone, try choosing a person that you knew previously or briefly who made you feel “seen” and accepted.  Or, try choosing a pet.

·       Now, imagine you and this person sitting across from each other beholding one another.  

·       Begin to see yourself through this person’s eyes, focusing on the good qualities he or she sees in you, and this person’s love for you.  

·       Ask yourself, “Why does this person love me? What does he/she see?”

·       Go slowly with this exercise until you can really see and feel what this person sees and feels for you.  

·       When you are ready, come back to yourself and notice how it feels to possess these good qualities.

·       Really take in the good of this experience, savoring the love, worthiness, and good that exist within you.  

·       If you wish, write down these good qualities and read them daily to remind yourself of them.  

This method was adapted from a practice created by James Baraz in his book Awakening Joy.  For more information about Baraz’s work and courses, please visit:

http://www.jamesbaraz.com/

https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

Isn’t that an NLP technique?