Hafiz

Authenticy/Sense of Humor/Conversation

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I think I am struggling with these 3 things, all my conversations and social interactions feel extremely forced at this point in my life. Do you guys have some resources/some Leo videos I could watch on these topics?

Are you comfortable looking into a mirror for a few minutes.  Do you notice any self judgements?  These can be good places to start inquiring into why you feel this way about yourself and can lead to better authenticity and accepting of yourself.  This translates to just being you in conversation.

1. Before you engage in social interaction and social events, pick a goal. It can be to have fun for instance.

2. If it’s a “friendly” conversation try taking topics about the nearby area. Yesterday I was at a party and I saw guy making another girl uncomfortable so me and her friends in a joking manner made up an escape plan.

3. Breath and be relaxed, being nervous is just gonna make it more difficult.

If your at a party it’s better to talk to someone that’s not that fun rather than not talking to anyone. Going from alone to a new person is more difficult then going form person to person.

23 hours ago, Mu_ said:

Are you comfortable looking into a mirror for a few minutes.  Do you notice any self judgements?  These can be good places to start inquiring into why you feel this way about yourself and can lead to better authenticity and accepting of yourself.  This translates to just being you in conversation.

definitely this.

Also BREATHE. whenever you're feeling anxious, you need to acknowledge your breathe flow and notice if its shallow, then proceed to take big wholesome slow-relaxed breathes. and get inside your body, relax it all. Body awareness video will be very helpful.

Then just be yourself and be aware of everyone's facial expression, body language. Don't overthink it, just be aware of it.