Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bobby

Response to Leo's Blogpost Regarding LSD Brainscans

4 posts in this topic

I just wanna briefly point out an article by Bernardo Kastrup which goes into further detail on brain scans similar to those which Leo posted in his blog, showcasing the power of LSD. 

It turns out, those scans showed heightened brain communications, but LSD and other psychedelics actually lower brain activity. 

The fact that psychedelics produce the effects they do by lowering brain activity is a bit concerning if you're a materialist science journalist. 

https://www.bernardokastrup.com/2016/04/the-lsd-study-youre-being-subtly.html

Edited by Bobby

That is correct. Ego requires an activated default mode network which is deactivated by psychedelics. Ego is an active construction. The default state is Infinity.

Psychedelics deactivate certain portions of the brain and interconnect others. This is sort of like unseating a tyrant and installing a widely distributed democracy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

That's what I noticed about my non-dual experiences when I took Ayahuasca. It was through an elimination of certain mental processes that I was able to transcend the ego. So, it wasn't like I added something to my mind to bring me to that state. It was that certain aspects of mind were lessened or taken away, which made it much clearer what was going on that I had been missing and made it easy to see the distinction between ego and the reality of the situation.

It's kind of like being in a noisy concert and being unable to hear someone talking because of all the activity and noise going on. But then, if the concert stops and everyone stops talking and moving, you can hear that person who is talking.

Edited by Emerald

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Clearly, there is a whole lot of blue, which indicates broad reductions of brain activity in the LSD state, when compared to placebo. This is what the paper actually concludes, suggesting that the localized increases in CBF observed in the visual cortex may be attributable to measurement artifacts.

This is all abundantly clear in the scientific paper but, for some reason, the media is reporting precisely the opposite!

What a pathetic cope mechanism from the media. Let's just lie to defend our materialist paradigm because otherwise it may be challenged and we don't want that!!!

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk