KenDo

So I'm doing the Purpose course and need help...

8 posts in this topic

Hello, uhm so I am a little unsure about what I should choose to master for my life purpose? So I know I am good at singing for example but it isn't something I want to do for my life purpose. I want to be a good leader and therefor I need to develop the skill of speaking and before that I need to develop my knowledge. So as you can see, there are multiple skillsets I must learn in order to live my life purpose. 

However Leo talks about mastering your ONE Thing. Which kind of confuses me now. Sorry if this question my sound a bit silly. What are your thoughts on this, should I:

1. Develop Speaking, leadership skills, my knowledge all at the same time?
  2. Master each of those separately for say 5 years perhaps
  3. Develop only one of the ones which I deem to be most important? 

Thanks for the support y'all

The problem may be because you see your desired skill set as being separate skills. The way I see it is that they flow from each other, meaning you develop one will automatically develop the other. Leading is speaking, speaking is sharing what you know, sharing what you know is leading.

That said, I believe your ONE thing isn't the shape or WHAT you do, but WHY you do it. Why do you love singing, and why do you want to be a leader? It sounds to me that your ONE thing is related with getting in front of people, perhaps inspiring them or connecting with them in a unique way?

I review self-help courses to find out which ones are good and not good: propelyourwealth.com

@denydritz hey thanks so much, the reason I want to do these is to express myself (which in the past i had to repress a lot) 

I will think about incorporating all together as leadership skills

@KenDo For how long are you having this vision? If its just a short term thing, you might want to contemplate it, as ego will want to trap you here and give you bunch of negative motivation. One can want to become a leader for 2 different reasons... 

I dont think you are not ready to decide, just want to warn you before you go full in to something...

9 hours ago, denydritz said:

The problem may be because you see your desired skill set as being separate skills. The way I see it is that they flow from each other, meaning you develop one will automatically develop the other. Leading is speaking, speaking is sharing what you know, sharing what you know is leading.

That said, I believe your ONE thing isn't the shape or WHAT you do, but WHY you do it. Why do you love singing, and why do you want to be a leader? It sounds to me that your ONE thing is related with getting in front of people, perhaps inspiring them or connecting with them in a unique way?

Nicely put. Once the vision is clear, your domain of mastery will emerge.

@KenDo  Thats obvious, if you actually mean it. I dont underestimate you, nor do I know you personally, so I cannot judge objectively. But be careful about setting goals this big when you arent in the field yet. (from what you have written) Maybe you are idealizing... Just a warning on my side. Otherwise go for it, it would be very great.