Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rilles

An Addition To Leos Blog Video

6 posts in this topic

Whitehead was quoted as saying: "Every scientific man in order to preserve his reputation has to say he dislikes metaphysics. What he means is he dislikes having his metaphysics criticized."[77] In Whitehead's view, scientists and philosophers make metaphysical assumptions about how the universe works all the time, but such assumptions are not easily seen precisely because they remain unexamined and unquestioned. While Whitehead acknowledged that "philosophers can never hope finally to formulate these metaphysical first principles,"[78] he argued that people need to continually re-imagine their basic assumptions about how the universe works if philosophy and science are to make any real progress, even if that progress remains permanently asymptotic. For this reason Whitehead regarded metaphysical investigations as essential to both good science and good philosophy.[79]

I dont know much about Whitehead but atleast he hit the nail on the head here.  

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Nice quote.

Yes. Whitehead was the kind of scientific mind which is rarely seen these days.

His later works are quite good. He understood the ignorance of positivism, materialism, and reductionism.

It's like modern scientists are going through an idiocracy phase.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Nice blog videos Leo!  I'll watch those now.  I started the one on Trump and I'm already taking notes and sh*t.  There's some good stuff to write on about the comparison and contrast between Stage Red/Stage Orange and Stage Coral.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Leo Gura Its so refreshing to hear about scientists that weren’t militant angry atheists. :P

@Joseph Maynor Thanks for the videos Joseph, will definitely check those out!:)

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Joseph Maynor I thought Leo said Stage Coral was a waste of time? I believe in the Stage Turquoise video he said embodying Turquoise was a lifelong pursuit in itself and after a certain point you would outgrow the Spiral altogether.