Hafiz

No free will vs Life Purpose compatibly

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I know that these two paradigms are driving me crazy right now. I’ve listened to the no free will video dozens of times and I’ve been sitting as much as I can ton contemplate. The section where Leo you talk about looking at your life as the movie watcher and not the director is beautiful. But on the other hand, my life is definitely not on its life purpose right now and my quality of life and standard of living have been on the decline for over a year now. 

I need/want/am patiently waiting for when this movie fucking changes and I start to become the hero. 

@Hafiz Don't wait, make it happen! ;)

You are God after all.

Making shit happen is part of the movie! If the hero in the movie just sits around patiently waiting, nothing will happen. See? It will then just be a boring movie of a dude sitting around waiting.

This paradox arises because you are both the watcher of the movie and the actor in the movie. You must learn to act, but in a detached way. Which is tricky and takes some practice.

It's a newbie mistake to interpret no-free-will as an excuse for inaction and laziness. What no-free-will really means is that hard work happens without free will. It does NOT mean: don't do hard work or don't put in any effort. Effort is very necessary. Just realize, that effort is not really coming from the ego but from God/Spirit/Infinite Intelligence working through you. Become a channel for Infinite Intelligence and it will make you work hard to do its bidding. But it will be an enjoyable, free-flowing kind of work.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Hafiz Don't wait, make it happen! ;)

You are God after all.

Making shit happen is part of the movie! If the hero in the movie just sits around patiently waiting, nothing will happen. See? It will then just be a boring movie of a dude sitting around waiting.

This paradox arises because you are both the watcher of the movie and the actor in the movie. You must learn to act, but in a detached way. Which is tricky and takes some practice.

It's a newbie mistake to interpret no-free-will as an excuse for inaction and laziness. What no-free-will really means is that hard work happens without free will. It does NOT mean: don't do hard work.

Ah this is exactly the advice I was looking for myself. I've recently been rocking some 'being cognition' and finally started learning how to let go of control and resistance, which has been very blissful as the control I've been exerting for years has brought me nothing but toil and shit results. But I too have a life purpose and when I get distracted from it, bringing my attention back to it feels like a manipulation. Part of me feels like I should just get out of the driver's seat and wait for awareness to naturally move back. But really it's God manipulating himself, right? The idea of 'I' getting out of the driver's seat is an illusion. So I need to learn this skill of shifting focus in an unattached way, without resistance. There are two forms consciousness can take, resistance and no resistance, attachment and non attachment. The paradox of directing focus in an unattached way...this will be interesting to work on  

I'm sure that achieving deeper levels of non-dual awareness will help with this as well. At the moment my illusory self is still quite prominent and I need to shift from understanding the truth of Non-self to an actual realisation. My new meditation habit has been helping with this 

Edited by Wisebaxter

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Hafiz... Just realize, that effort is not really coming from the ego but from God/Spirit/Infinite Intelligence working through you. 

I had never realized this. Of course it does. It makes a lot of sense now.