John Iverson

Should i really cut social media like facebook messenger? Totally?

25 posts in this topic

But how can i connect to other people, we live in the era of computer should i be against it? All of my friend.. family, are in the facebook world.. but i have the feeling to detach myself , if i totally leave to that system how can i talk to them? Or connect with them.. all of the people is in the computer now.. if i get out to the computer how can i handle this world without any people here.. do you get me?? There is no one in here... all of them is in every system.. how can i meet a friend here? This system is  created of the mind it is something that bothers me.. it is like no one is here, i want to talk to someone or i want to talk to a person that close to my heart but no one is here... i love them so much that i want to have a connection and to spend time with them but  howwwww :( if i push myself to leave in the system i feel like i leave them , i feel like it is like abandoning them, that i don't care? But of course i care i really do :( i want to make them happy, make a good memorie with them, i want to give them understanding.. they are in the system and in the paradigm of their own mind.. but i cannot live with that.. i am scared that my parents will die someday that I don't express my love for them i am scared that there is no one in my life that i share my life with a girl that i will love and make a family with... my parents want me to live a life with their sense of reality but the problem is me, :( clock is ticking,.. i want to study the system, but when i close the door to study on my own.. i see that i close myself to  my surroundings i will get busy and no time to them.. infact i have no money,, how can i treat them to the most expensive thing that could get them enjoy my presense .. i want to love them but the problem is me.. me me me me :( , i have issue to myself with my father I don't know i created it and now it is not easy to remove what i created...  this feeling is like abandoning some one i love :( who will take care of my parents? My brother.. ?? And my friends? I want to take care of them.. i am afraid of this and ,the fact that they are getting old :( I don't want to lose them :( with a regrat that why i cannot do something to them :( i am afraid that i will be alone, no one will be there for me.. no love life, no sex life, no family, and no friends.. should i set a side my feelings right now? To this drama ?? :(

And the other one is that how can i see what is happening to the world? And in my own country if i quit social media? What era and kind of people we live in this era what ever you see on social media it is every part of reality now.. if i live detach to that.. how can i see them and be 100 step ahead of them.. i also need to understand what consciousness we live in today.. it is different than before.. I wouldn't understand what reality i live in if i detach myself to the computer.. :( 

Edited by John Iverson

Just stay logged out. No notifications. Check once a week or whenever you want!

20 minutes ago, Barry J said:

Just stay logged out. No notifications. Check once a week or whenever you want!

You are missing the point of what my post are.. it is not simple, read it again cuz i edited it

Edited by John Iverson

1 minute ago, Mikael89 said:

The solution: don't cut off social media.

THIS is not about just social media.. it is also about system ... ?

That's a lot of sad-face emojis bro. I count 10 in one post. 

You're speaking a lot without actually saying anything at all.

It's just victim mentality cycling itself. It will create literally an infinite amount of problems. Solve one and you'll find another.

Do you think you can solve anything or take action feeling the way you do? 

14 minutes ago, Arman said:

That's a lot of sad-face emojis bro. I count 10 in one post. 

You're speaking a lot without actually saying anything at all.

It's just victim mentality cycling itself. It will create literally an infinite amount of problems. Solve one and you'll find another.

Do you think you can solve anything or take action feeling the way you do? 

You don't understand where i am coming from... do you know about system? At all? It is like after you were born you've been plugged to every infinite system in this consciousness....there is an object plugged to you and suddenly system is in you.. you live in this reality where there is a system. It makes you unconscious.. you conform.. every drama in life is part of a system.. all of this is a system , if you are not conscious it drives you to do without any understanding what are you doing.. what is this ? I now see that you guise are discussing something but you are part of a system called actualized.org... actualized,org is also part of a system... it makes you unconscious that's why Leo Wants you to do the practices and as soon as possible take psychedlics..and what he is teaching here is part of a system ? To understand what you is everything here.. but sadly his life is short..there is always a buddha that live in this reality that make you see that... now there is leo every buddha lived will unplugged you the to system... mind is a sneaky thing.. food is just a food but buying foods is part of a system it is created.. all of this is a creation of the mind... your paradigm, your belief.. your words , your language.. all you have is karma... consciousness is not simple... what i am saying here is if i detach my self to my ipad, there is also a life here that i must consider.. it becomes my life.. my mind attach his self to a system ..... and what i am saying above is a dilemma and my concern.. i want to unplug myself, but that is the dillema

Edited by John Iverson

@John Iverson You think social media is the cause of your suffering/happiness, when it is really your thoughts :) Your thoughts are the foundation upon which all addictions manifest, so free yourself from your own mind, and focus in every moment upon the love in your heart. We have all spent lifetimes losing ourselves in patterns of thoughts, it's time now to awaken to who we truly are as love, and that will fulfil you more than anything outside of you ever could for that is where God is found.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

9 minutes ago, Barry J said:

You are thinking too much. Take a holiday :)

Now i know how difficult Leo is , trying to see what he is seeing from here.. do you think i'm thinking? Don't worry you will experience this, and it will make you sad.. buy that time i will say you are thinking to much.. hmm? If that time comes, i will wait to your reaction.. ??

21 minutes ago, Solace said:

@John Iverson You think social media is the cause of your suffering/happiness, when it is really your thoughts :) Your thoughts are the foundation upon which all addictions manifest, so free yourself from your own mind, and focus in every moment upon the love in your heart. We have all spent lifetimes losing ourselves in patterns of thoughts, it's time now to awaken to who we truly are as love, and that will fulfil you more than anything outside of you ever could for that is where God is found.

All of this is a thought.. hahaah what you are saying now comes from a thought.. all you see is a thought... it will make you very sad to unplug your self for every thought and for all that mind created ... even your reaction today is a thought.. your computer is a thought.. how it created and be real is from thought first hahahahaha... all you see is a thought.. what you are saying to me is unmatch to what i am saying.. my point is not just social media.. even what i am saying to you is a thought nothing here is i meant to say.. it is also created by a thought.. i try to say by writing a thought but you are not seeing it you think it is this

I don't know how to make you see what my dillema coming from, but that is my dillema I don't know.. i want an answer to a person who will understand my situation now.. i want an advice to a person that see where i am  

you mention about God or everything you say.. but you don't understand what you are saying ???or love.. even where i am coming from

Edited by John Iverson

Dear John,

You won't find your answer on this forum

2 hours ago, John Iverson said:

Now i know how difficult Leo is , trying to see what he is seeing from here.. do you think i'm thinking? Don't worry you will experience this, and it will make you sad.. buy that time i will say you are thinking to much.. hmm? If that time comes, i will wait to your reaction.. ??

I’ve been there! It’s all good as long as you relax :)

39 minutes ago, Barry J said:

I’ve been there! It’s all good as long as you relax :)

Relax is also not it ? This some kind of unplugging and some improvement of consciousness, but don't compare if we're the same your action also is the same as me and to relax is not match to this dilemma ?????

2 hours ago, Sven said:

Dear John,

You won't find your answer on this forum

Yes, maybe... 90% most people here cannot answer this... comments that will be posted here will determine something ? 

i use facebook but i've unfollowed every friend i have. yes... i've gone through my entire friend list and unfollowed all of them! i just use the facebook chat.

i don't like whatsapp because i don't like using smartphones. not even web whatsapp because i requires me to be connected on my phone as well.

unborn Truth

10 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

i use facebook but i've unfollowed every friend i have. yes... i've gone through my entire friend list and unfollowed all of them! i just use the facebook chat.

i don't like whatsapp because i don't like using smartphones. not even web whatsapp because i requires me to be connected on my phone as well.

Can you stop using facebook chat? Ang deactivate all your account.. i will give you a metaphor.. i see that the computer you plugged to yourself ... so it is another system that drives you and give you a life, that should also be dead.. i am open of an app or email that you will use if it is for business purposes or if that app ir email used as your contact to your life purpose, for example you are a youtuber.. it is a must that you have youtube account ?.. youtube app is a must of course.... but other than that can you deactivate it? If not why? 

It seems your fear is the isolation and lack of contact that may come through quitting social media.  Ironically,  social media creates a facade of genuine relationships and prevents people from actually talking to each other (in real life) and spending time with each other, or going out to meet people (join a club, etc.).  

As others have suggested: social media is not bad, you just need to watch your relationship with it.  If you are using excessively or have an addiction (compulsion) to us it frequently--which it is designed to do--moderate your use.  

40 minutes ago, PartumCreed said:
  • I use Facebook on a daily basis but it's never been an addiction to me. :)
  • I keep my friend list under 50 people (Not intentionally, I just don't add everyone who is in my town like most people do).
  • It's a great way to connect & share changes in your life with people you know or just spam them with memes, like someone I know... ¬¬
  • It's also a great way to connect with cool people you meet on your travels which you wouldn't bother to otherwise. Hence the distance. 
  • I check in maybe 2-6 times every day & don't stick on it for longer than 5-10 minutes. I do this naturally, without having to force myself to leave.
  • Use of Facebook is fine as long as it's not 24/7.

I agree that we should unplug from stimulation & decrease the information we take in, but, note that even Leo himself watches movies sometimes. Taking that into account, I think it's fine as long as it's not an addiction & we have a replacement for it. Let's say video games, shit, I stopped playing video games & I kept at that for about a month. Whoopsie, I had no decent replacement & added 8 habits, quantity over consistency, as one may say & boom, back to video games. Now I'm decreasing it all gradually, I kicked out movies & have a good replacement: Reading books. I read books either way, just not as often as I do now.

Let me know if this helps those who are interested in this topic & if you have any arguments. :)

bro, yes Leo is watching movies, but that movie is for his passion, to sharpen the saw.. you know what i mean? Not to give him a comfort , chillin, or something 

if you intake computer in to your self 

I use Facebook on a daily basis but it's never been an addiction to me. 

Answer:

(((((It is not just an addiction.. i mean system.)))))

I keep my friend list under 50 people (Not intentionally, I just don't add everyone who is in my town like most people do).

Answer:

be aware how you react, you give boundary to other people in your town because you don't add them as your friend.. and the system of facebook drive your life of something, like facebook have facebook friends.. 

It's a great way to connect & share changes in your life with people you know or just spam them with memes, like someone I know... 

Answer:

Like i said facebook create a system, and facebook and members of facebook create like meme to comfort you and ground you to that system.. so your mind have a reason to consume that..... but facebook don't have a meaning at all.. people put a meaning to that to be reallllllllllll...

It's also a great way to connect with cool people you meet on your travels which you wouldn't bother to otherwise. Hence the distance. 

Answer:

facebook put a meaning to prevent a collapse so it also given that it created that to connect people but you know you live in the illusion within the illusion, it is not authentic connecting to other people .... don't based your connection Through screen and giving you comfort regarding to distance.. what i mean is.. see that if all the people identify with this one.. no one will bother to go out.. to find a real person it makes you lazy.. regarding of distance you don't care haha, because it's fun to meet someone not through facebook or something.. go here in the Philippines and meet some stranger did you get it? The premise is, philippines is far from you and you will meet someone here not using fb.. i dont know what to say but system drives you and ground you, by saying it is for you to connect

I check in maybe 2-6 times every day & don't stick on it for longer than 5-10 minutes. I do this naturally, without having to force myself to leave.

Use of Facebook is fine as long as it's not 24/7.

Answer:

hahaha i challenge you to stop using Facebook for 1 year.. you will answer me excuses.. BUUUUUUT IVERSOOOOON!! Buuuuuuuuut buuuuuuut buuuuuuut! Whahahaha because it becomes your life.. 

I agree that we should unplug from stimulation & decrease the information we take in, but, note that even Leo himself watches movies sometimes. Taking that into account, I think it's fine as long as it's not an addiction & we have a replacement for it. Let's say video games, shit, I stopped playing video games & I kept at that for about a month. Whoopsie, I had no decent replacement & added 8 habits, quantity over consistency, as one may say & boom, back to video games. Now I'm decreasing it all gradually, I kicked out movies & have a good replacement: Reading books. I read books either way, just not as often as I do now.

Answer: it is not just a stimulation... it is not just about information, it is not just addiction, it is not just having replacements for it... 

speaking of video games? Is video games not part of your life? Hahaha all of that is the reason why you have a life, an illusion life.. try to cut one and you cannot do it because it is a system that grounds you ... i dont know now what to say i'm tired ahahhaha

Edited by John Iverson

46 minutes ago, exhale said:

It seems your fear is the isolation and lack of contact that may come through quitting social media.  Ironically,  social media creates a facade of genuine relationships and prevents people from actually talking to each other (in real life) and spending time with each other, or going out to meet people (join a club, etc.).  

As others have suggested: social media is not bad, you just need to watch your relationship with it.  If you are using excessively or have an addiction (compulsion) to us it frequently--which it is designed to do--moderate your use.  

You some how rationalize it, yes partially true to what i am experiencing right now.. somehow you understnd..  but by experience I don't know if you understand.... keep on digging !! Cmooooon!!