Misagh

Witnessing (and detachment) from the body

39 posts in this topic

This is perhaps the most difficult type of witnessing. Everybody can remember a time when they did not hold a certain belief or feel a certain way, and yet they existed, but not many can detach from the body in the same manner. For others how have, how have you managed to do it?

There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen! - Rumi

I think you are looking for something. You have an idea of what you think it is that you are searching for.

I have never felt or tried to detach from my body. Other than during meditation.

My watching and observation has improved. This has helped me greatly. Things i was doing blindly have faded away. 

Questioning why I feel a certain way or why I'm doing something blindly has also helped me see things for what they are. Put focus on the ego and it's interworking.

This two things to me seem to be the key for going forward.

@fabriciom This post is meant to congregate the methods and practices of the several self-realized people who are active on this forum :)

The mind is the cause for ignorance. The best way to self-realize is to surrender to the divine. However that is outside the experience/ability of most. I thought asking for the other methods could help others who might be at this stage of witnessing. 

And how do you know what is supposed to happen at the stage your are looking for if you haven't reached it?

If you can see your mind, the thoughts it generates, your are self realized. Not fully but you are awake and in the process.

Looking for your idea of enlighment isn't going to free you any faster. You will just be allowing your ego to control you because you have yet to find enlighment... 

Edited by fabriciom

@fabriciom Why did you assume that I haven't? :) 

4 minutes ago, fabriciom said:

Because you are asking how they got there?

I understand now. No there are more than one method. Mine is Kundalini, but that is not the path for everyone. I am asking for others to share their methods.

27 minutes ago, fabriciom said:

And how do you know what is supposed to happen at the stage your are looking for if you haven't reached it?

If you can see your mind, the thoughts it generates, your are self realized. Not fully but you are awake and in the process.

Looking for your idea of enlighment isn't going to free you any faster. You will just be allowing your ego to control you because you have yet to find enlighment... 

Nobody believes me when I say that !

It must be because I'm green !

SHAME !!!

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Hey thats great.

I have yet to walk around feeling detach from the body and have never herd anyone else talk about it except maybe when high.

Now realizing that one is not the body, it's thoughts, feelings and living it I share.

So yes if some one does live this and can share it would be interesting to read.

3 minutes ago, Shin said:

Nobody believes me when I say that !

It must be because I'm green !

SHAME !!!

Have no idea what the color scheme is but if you are suppose to be searching for what you are NOT. How is creating a new role or color scheme going to help you...

@Misagh @fabriciom I experianced this a few weeks ago and made it part of my practice since. Awareness becomes liberated from the body/mind/consciousness location. Than only empty awareness remains without content.

@fabriciom Detachment from the body is ultimately detachment from the energy field that surrounds and permeates the body. Of course most people don't have a good sense of this energy field. Whether you can or cannot determines the path your should take. If you can then surrender to the divine. If you can't, then inquire into your nature. Regardless, once you are firmly grounded in the sense of "I am-ness" realize that this is not enlightenment. The sense of being an "I" needs to go entirely. 

4 minutes ago, fabriciom said:

Have no idea what the color scheme is but if you are suppose to be searching for what you are NOT. How is creating a new role or color scheme going to help you...

I was talking about my avatar ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@cetus56 I am little confused when you say "I place a witness". But if you are having OBEs then you are good to go. 

@Misagh I'll delete that part as it may cause confusion when I say "sort of like an OBD" or "wittness".

@Shin About his avatar, he was talking. 

7 minutes ago, Misagh said:

@fabriciom Detachment from the body is ultimately detachment from the energy field that surrounds and permeates the body. Of course most people don't have a good sense of this energy field. Whether you can or cannot determines the path your should take. If you can then surrender to the divine. If you can't, then inquire into your nature. Regardless, once you are firmly grounded in the sense of "I am-ness" realize that this is not enlightenment. The sense of being an "I" needs to go entirely. 

I dont think anyone can determine the path they take. You can only surrender to what is. Thats why there is no one path...

Can we meditate for hours and "get out" of the body. Yes but this is not real, its meditation. Just like taking LSD, you can escape the body but you will always come back to it.

I agree with that there is no "enlightenment" as there is no "I am ness". There is only space, silence and stillness. At least for me. I can't speak for others.

So back to the original post, I don't think there is detachment from the body. Detachment from thought, yes.

When I maintain continual breathe awareness then I can witness the body instead of participating in the task that is being conducted, for example: instead of driving I watch as the body is driving, instead of running and feeling like I take every step, the body is running on its own and awareness instead just goes into sensory perception or whatever emotions / thoughts that pop up.

another way I access these states of being is through realization that all thoughts are in the present moment and that there is no past or future, since theyre constructs made from the present, this brings me immediate grounding and helps with getting into the witness state

just bite the bullet and do an hour of strong determination sitting a day, youll feel real different real fast. and then focusing on the breathe all the time might help but im not certain about this one

@Spoobie To me that its just watching/observing your thoughts and the body.

Maybe Im misunderstanding body "detachment"?

At least when I do this I can feel like im not fully present and the mind is working on its own but I do not feel detached from it. I am still there in the background, watching, observing.

Edited by fabriciom