Misagh

Why do YOU think you are not self-realized?

26 posts in this topic

The answer is in the question ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

16 minutes ago, Shin said:

The answer is in the question ?

;)

There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen! - Rumi

@Misagh I guess for me it is the complete letting go as well. Humans, especially Americans, are basically raised with the idea that we need to be "in control" of everything. The idea of letting go of any kind of "reality" we have created around us is terrifying to most people. I think that is one of the main reasons people find it so hard to change in any aspect of their lives. This is a reality they have lived in for long enough, that they would prefer it to anything better because the old ways are at least familiar and "we know what we're getting". There is fear of the new because we immediately want to start thinking about the bad possible outcomes instead of just focusing on the good that could come out of your trying. 

I feel I am beginning to let go, but I know I could be doing more. I fear failing and try to think "well, if I don't try then that means I don't fail either". But I know that's not true. 

@zoey101 I do feel that this is more of an issue in the west. For me this was never a problem. Detachment from the ego was very simple. I will recommend you a book called Words of Grace by Sri Ramana Maharshi. It is a wonderful book and incredibly to the point. Sat Cit Ananda

There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen! - Rumi

I definitely notice that almost all my thoughts that are blocking me have something to do with me being right about something or me communicating my point of view and having other people understand me and agree with me

I was abused as a child and I noticed that I have no care in convincing my mother (the abuser) of anything, I'm fine with anything she thinks

I have thoughts about other people understanding me though, like a need for them to know that I'm not the one who did something wrong, she is the wrong one not me, and I have thoughts about how I want people to know what I went through and I want them to understand how bad it was

I also have really silly thoughts too, they are the same, but on a different level, like if I'm over charged at the grocery store that silly though will pop back into my mind dozens of times for days after it happens and the thought says the same thing "I am right, they were wrong" 

so I guess that's my ego that wants to be right but I'm not sure exactly what to do or what to realize to move past this...