EternalForest

Leo, please call in to The Atheist Experience!

26 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Yeah but quantifying Enlightenment is particularly deceptive.

Is any part of Westworld less deceptive than any other part?

12 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@Leo Gura What LOC would you characterise yourself in for your baseline conciousness? I mean, you’ve been meditating and self-inquiring for close to five years. If you haven’t reached 600s yet, then what does that say about those techniques?

You buy into the number stuff?  I’m a little surprised.

11 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Is any part of Westworld less deceptive than any other part?

Yeah but you don’t wanna endulge in Ego.  Do it if you want to, but it’s not helpful in this work.  

7 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Yeah but you don’t wanna endulge in Ego.  Do it if you want to, but it’s not helpful in this work.  

Ahhh, but what if ego is *within* Westworld? 

I'm just having some fun conceptualizing realities within realities. Lol

28 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Ahhh, but what if ego is *within* Westworld? 

I'm just having some fun conceptualizing realities within realities. Lol

Truth has to overpower amusement.  I'm not saying you're falling into this trap, and I'm not talking about you in what I say that follows here, this is a general statement:  I do see a certain kind of Enlightened person sometimes who seems to flutter around amusing themselves in Ego thinking that's what being Enlightened is.  Enlightenment is about the death of Maya -- so it's Truth that's really the only value in Enlightenment work.  Enlightenment a.k.a. Truth-seeking is 100% B.S. detector work at the highest level, no more and no less.  A lot of people become half-Enlightened because they don't value Truth enough, thus they stay ensnared in Maya by choice or by omission.  I was one of those people too, so I get it.  Nobody wants the literal death of Maya.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

It's a model, you know... like the 10 ox herding pictures.

See its utility but don't get hung up on it.

You guys are still not being mentally flexible enough in your study of all this information. You're getting hung up on models and judging them because you take them as all or nothing, true or false, good or bad, right or wrong. This is an overly literalist approach which you should strive to outgrow.

To quantify enlightenment does not have to mean that enlightenment is quantifiable. The taste of a chili pepper is not quantifiable, yet that does not stop scientists from quantifying the hotness level of chili peppers. And it is useful to know that a habenaro is a lot hotter than a jalepeno.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.