Devil

Graveyards are empty

11 posts in this topic

So i was walking through a graveyard this afternoon as usual and i felt this kind of emptiness when i tried to contemplate this women's death while starring at her grave. It truly felt empty.

Born 1792 Died 1834. Rest in Peace.

I just tried to concentrate on this emptiness and this feeling completely swooped under me and i decide to leave, felt feeling complete terror. This is a level of emptiness I've never experienced before, i truly felt the essence of emptiness/nihilism. Nothing truly matters. I'm kind of shocked right now to be honest...

fv.jpg

Edited by Devil

Good job ? I would say that you should go deeper and deeper into the grave ?

@Good-boy  I just lay there and listen to the ground, it's so calm. Knowing there's a 2 century old skeleton in there.

23 minutes ago, Devil said:

So i was walking through a graveyard this afternoon as usual and i felt this kind of emptiness when i tried to contemplate this women's death while starring at her grave. It truly felt empty.

Born 1792 Died 1834. Rest in Peace.

I just tried to concentrate on this emptiness and this feeling completely swooped under me and i decide to leave, felt feeling complete terror. This is a level of emptiness I've never experienced before, i truly felt the essence of emptiness/nihilism. Nothing truly matters. I'm kind of shocked right now to be honest...

fv.jpg

That’s a creepy graveyard dudeo.O

34 minutes ago, Devil said:

@Good-boy  I just lay there and listen to the ground, it's so calm. Knowing there's a 2 century old skeleton in there.

If  I were you, then I would have digged the skeletons out of the grave and sniff it for a good 2-3 hours to get a taste of that absolute infinity/bliss.

Edited by Good-boy

I used to go to the cemetery every single morning to remind myself that I’m gonna die one day. I did this for at least a month I think. I had days where I would cry, be nihilistic, and depressed. Life is tragic, but it’s also very beautiful. Good things in this life wouldn’t exist without death, like love. There’s something about knowing that you only have a limited time that makes things precious. If you lived forever you would take too many things for granted.

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

@Devil wow strolling through the grave for insight  that's  unique  . Happy you  felt a new sensation there.  Next time try sleeping in the grave yard overnight, OMG who knows how high your consciousness  will go. 

Edited by Basegodmike

@BasegodmikeSometimes deep truths can be hidden in common areas. I walked this same path to go back home more than i can remember, but this time, in a contemplative mindset i felt this void, this meaninglessness wave around me. It was as if i could have surrendered my life there and died, joined the absolute nothingness that is right in front of me.

@Devil it's interesting that  you felt terror, I know  this was a heighten level of emptiness for you. But I think you should of  dwelled in it for a bit, to see where it would of taken you. There's always next time! ?

@Devil Remember that 'Nihilism' is a thought/concept, and just like any thought it will bring you suffering if you are attached to it. 

There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen! - Rumi

reminds me of a church 9_9

on the bright side, there seems to be lots of great fertilizer for those plants! :D

joking aside... dead or alive, we're all nothing intrinsically

quite the peaceful spot to meditate!

n̳̹̹͉̫̭̲̖̪̰͓̳̞̟ͯ̃̈ͭ͑ȧ̻̩̼̀ͭ̓ͥ̂̐͛̓͐̏ͧͨͫͥ͐̓ͦm̞̩͓̹̥͎̼͕̓͑̅̊͑̉̿ͦͣͯ̎̊ͭ͊̍̋ͦ̆̓a̭̖̬͉̖̻̪̾̃̾̑̈ͫ͗͌s͈̰̥̜͉̹̭͈̦̻̤̟͓̟̜̣͓̹͐̈͒ͫ̐ͦ̇̉̈͒̇̾͗ͤ́͂t̩̲̤̟̼̹̮̫̲̲̾̍̒̉ͮ̏̓ͪͅe̺̩̳̝̜̩̪̫̬̼̠̺͎͈̟̤̬͋̑̿̉͐ͮ͊͗͊ͣͮ́͗̐ͧ̓ͅ

- yawning gap

"embrace your inner pain. in hopelessness, you will find bliss. to be mindful all the time you need to have attention on the breath as second nature." - hellspeed