Preetom

Spiral Dynamics Sandwich

10 posts in this topic

Watching Leo's SD videos, Vlogs and some thinking on my own led to this insight.

"Cultures evolve through a SD sandwich model"

This is how the explanation came. Generally speaking, beige, red, orange, yellow are individualistic/materialistic while purple, blue, green, turquoise are collective/spiritual oriented.

The sandwich model works like this. A culture at a certain time, is grounded on one stage(meat) which is sandwiched by the color before and after it. The meat stands firm while both sides are at tug of war for power dynamics. 

The reason is this: man has both individual and collective aspects in his life which is exercised by where the culture is at.

For example, USA as a whole right now is grounded on orange. It is sandwiched by blue and green waging war with each other. Orange is caught in between reacting to both depending on situations. 

What I mean by the meat is, if a citizen needs to channel his individual pursuits, he doesn't need beige or red. He can do it in an orange way because that's the current norm.

But when it comes to exercising the collective aspects, he is caught between the war of blue vs green. So the current challenge of USA is not a material problem but a collective/spiritual one.

I'm not saying that a person jumps from blue to green skipping orange. Its more like when blue values channel into orange, so do orange values channel into green because a man needs to put up with both individual and collective aspects simultaneously.

Now let's say in 200 years USA shifts completely to green. That will be end of all blue religions. Green will be sandwiched by orange and yellow. It will then be a materialistic problem for USA as orange and yellow will be tugging for power. Manipulative materialism vs systems thinking. A child taking birth in that culture will go straight to green to exercise his collective/spiritual aspects because green will be established and thus purple, blue are not needed.

So you get the idea. Finally, I don't think a culture will go full turquoise as a whole ever. At best case scenarios, there is always going to be healthy combinations of yellow-turquoise because man will always have both individual and collective aspects according to his unique temperament.

So that's the ultimate vision of all cultures. To reconcile this spiral dynamics sandwich into the unification of yellow-turquoise.

In such a culture, man wouldn't need selfish manipulations to exercise his individual aspects. And he wouldn't need ideologies and dogmas to exercise his spiritual aspects.

An Utopian vision indeed :ph34r:

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Stage Coral transcends Thought and Experience and fully realizes the true Self, which is all alone.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

42 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Stage Coral transcends Thought and Experience and fully realizes the true Self, which is all alone.

So coral=full Enlightenment?

Abiding non dual awareness?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

47 minutes ago, Preetom said:

So coral=full Enlightenment?

Abiding non dual awareness?

I don’t know about that language, I’m not familiar with it.  You gotta go through Turquoise before you can enter Coral.  Coral transcends a lot of Turquoise though.  Coral sees that Turquoise is still very distracted by Thought and Experience.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor A full awakening which is the absence of all perspectives aka the absolute Truth, do you think it's possible to frame such a thing with another perspective?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom Even if everyone in the world was fully enlightened, survival, selfish manipulation, and power games would still have to take place. Finite resources still must be distributed in some way.

You cannot escape the game of survival unless you are physically dead.

Enlightenment alone does not resolve the finite resource distribution problem. Better systems must be invented for that and they will never be perfect enough to give everyone the resources they need to survive. So fighting will always take place if you care about living. If you don't care about living, then you have the option to physically die without putting up a fight.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Omg how could I miss it?

Finiteness. Of course...that's what all these knowledge and activities are about. Every volition comes down to this, ''How to make the best out of this finiteness?''

Thank you :)

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Finite resources still must be distributed in some way.

Maybe a stretch here but in your Infinite Intelligence video I recall you saying the Infinite could literally manifest anything it wanted. If enough people could connect with and realize the Infinite, could we increase the amount of physical resources on Earth? Like is the amount of water or fossil fuels or silicon predetermined or can this be altered at all?

I'm probably misinterpreting what you'd said.

@kev014 It's tricky. This is a core existential problem. The trick is, the infinite and the finite are actually one and the same thing. So you might think you can escape the finitude of survival by appeals to infinity -- and in the Absolute sense you can -- but also in the relative sense you can't.

In the relative physical domain in which survival takes place resources will always be finite, even though infinity is always true. In fact, it's because Infinity is always true that resources must be finite. This is the paradox of existence.

But also, yes!, the more people become conscious of the infinite the less resources they need to be happy and the more intelligent they are so they can find new ways to extract more resources and distribute them far more efficiently.

The Earth has enough raw resources to sustain 100s of billions of people and all the animals. The problem is we aren't using them efficiently or ecologically because we are so disconnected from Infinity. In the future this will get better and better as more peeps evolve up the Spiral.

At the highest levels of the Spiral survival still gets played, it's just played in much nicer ways.

Case in point, compare 21st century society with ancient Rome where 40% of the population were slaves. That's a lot of progress in 2000 years. Survival still takes place today, but it's much less barbaric, more loving. But still can be harsh and deadly at times.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I love how Leo talks about the future,  as if he ready predicted  ! With so much confidence