Lynnel

About being a leader and not a sheep (amazing wage slavery video)

8 posts in this topic

Being a leader does entail a lot. And a lot of scary stuff.

Independent thinking, true scepticism, going against the norm, going against conditionning, believing in yourself when no one does so, trusting yourself, stand your ground and defend your ideas if needed, having no one to turn to for having answers and not expecting magic pills to drop from the sky : you're the one supposed to innovate and inspire people forward ! You cannot wait for something or someone to give you answers about your life, what's true and what's not, how to live it, what's right and what's wrong, you have to decide all of that by yourself and it is such an immense responsibility. Lol being a sheep and being given answers is much easier. You can really appreciate why people become sheeps and casually drift about life only when you understand what being a leader entails : full 100 responsibility with no one to turn to ! In the end even leo's clever advice won't help you do much, you have your own pile of homework to do and take nothing for  granted, research everything and trust no one. There will be no one more clever than you to give you answers, no parents, no teachers, nothing - you have to do it alll by yourself.

Honestly this was one of the best video's so far about wave slavery. We really needed that one ! With a shitty 9 to 5 jobs you can't get enlightened ever. (or can you ? ) Also, it felt like it had a very distinct orange vibe - achieve or you are deeply fucked.

Ironically I was gonna ask @Leo Gura for advice about this then I realized that would be turning to him for answers  xD So I'm not so sure about this needing no one and using nothing mentality :P

Sounds pretty neurotic to me and that it would just make thing unnecessarily more difficult.

You can get help and advice from people but you still gotta decide how to implement it and whether it's all bullshit or not

On 09/09/2018 at 9:29 PM, Lynnel said:

Independent thinking, true scepticism, going against the norm, going against conditionning, believing in yourself when no one does so, trusting yourself, stand your ground and defend your ideas if needed, having no one to turn to for having answers and not expecting magic pills to drop from the sky : you're the one supposed to innovate and inspire people forward ! You cannot wait for something or someone to give you answers about your life, what's true and what's not, how to live it, what's right and what's wrong, you have to decide all of that by yourself and it is such an immense responsibility. Lol being a sheep and being given answers is much easier. You can really appreciate why people become sheeps and casually drift about life only when you understand what being a leader entails : full 100 responsibility with no one to turn to ! In the end even leo's clever advice won't help you do much, you have your own pile of homework to do and take nothing for  granted, research everything and trust no one. There will be no one more clever than you to give you answers, no parents, no teachers, nothing - you have to do it alll by yourself.

Love this! Really resonate with it. Whilst watching the wage slavery video I contemplated about being the 'leader' type and little voices where saying "you never have been the leader type Charlotte" and then I thought of instances in my life where I felt I portrayed excellent leadership type skill's. Another voice said "You still need your mum's opinion on stuff" And I thought "yeah okay, something I need to work on" so then I thought deeper about this belief I had, about wanting to stay a sheep and not being a 'natural born leader' as some people put it. I then realised ego wants me to stay a sheep for security purposes as leadership requires a massive fucking leap of faith. I also realised NOBODY is a 'natural born leader' or a sheep, we peg ourselves (I think) based on confidence, self esteem and beliefs. I then realised I can be a fucking leader and the resson I've stayed a sheep (and would of stayed a sheep) is purely based on beliefs...

giphy (4).gif

20 hours ago, Charlotte said:

Love this! Really resonate with it. Whilst watching the wage slavery video I contemplated about being the 'leader' type and little voices where saying "you never have been the leader type Charlotte" and then I thought of instances in my life where I felt I portrayed excellent leadership type skill's. Another voice said "You still need your mum's opinion on stuff" And I thought "yeah okay, something I need to work on" so then I thought deeper about this belief I had, about wanting to stay a sheep and not being a 'natural born leader' as some people put it. I then realised ego wants me to stay a sheep for security purposes as leadership requires a massive fucking leap of faith. I also realised NOBODY is a 'natural born leader' or a sheep, we peg ourselves (I think) based on confidence, self esteem and beliefs. I then realised I can be a fucking leader and the resson I've stayed a sheep (and would of stayed a sheep) is purely based on beliefs...

giphy (4).gif

Your ego wants you to be a leader too ;)

Edited by Barry J

On 16/09/2018 at 0:03 PM, Pernani said:

Sounds pretty neurotic to me and that it would just make thing unnecessarily more difficult.

You can get help and advice from people but you still gotta decide how to implement it and whether it's all bullshit or not

Yes of course - you're just not waiting for some cookie cutter solution from someone which will fix all your life. You should be proactive and reach out and find solutions yourself instead of for instance creating a new topic for every little small issue you have. A leader needs to cultivate inner authority and trust himself and his judgement.

On 9/9/2018 at 4:29 PM, Lynnel said:

With a shitty 9 to 5 jobs you can't get enlightened ever. (or can you ? )

This is not the truth.

Some 9-5 jobs have yoga and meditation on site. You can do yoga and meditate with your colleagues and bosses. I expect to see this on the rise in the future.

Some 9-5 companies are green and yellow stage.

Some 9-5's allow you to work remote from your house.

Some 9-5's feel like hippie land and are extremely progressive.

And if you are disciplined, you can plan your work day to resemble a monastery or ashram.

Problem is: we do not have many teachers who teach how to live a calm and zen life in a 9-5 job. While, we have a ton of teachers who teach on living a zen life as an entrepreneur.

Living a zen life in a 9-5 job requires extreme discipline and awareness.

Edited by Brittany

21 hours ago, Barry J said:

Your ego wants you to be a leader too ;)

I understand that but there's more resistance to becoming a leader, plus I'll be able to have a deeper more fulfilling LP if I take the hard route. 

8 hours ago, Brittany said:

This is not the truth.

Some 9-5 jobs have yoga and meditation on site. You can do yoga and meditate with your colleagues and bosses. I expect to see this on the rise in the future.

Some 9-5 companies are green and yellow stage.

Some 9-5's allow you to work remote from your house.

Some 9-5's feel like hippie land and are extremely progressive.

And if you are disciplined, you can plan your work day to resemble a monastery or ashram.

Problem is: we do not have many teachers who teach how to live a calm and zen life in a 9-5 job. While, we have a ton of teachers who teach on living a zen life as an entrepreneur.

Living a zen life in a 9-5 job requires extreme discipline and awareness.

Mind you, i said shitty 9-5. That changes a lot.

Also even if you have zen-like discipline, if you're wasting 8 hours a day + commuting to your job getting enlightened is simply wishful thinking. You're gonna have chores and family issues on top of that usually too. Usually after a 9-5 people are too tired even to read something or doing anything productive.

I haven't seen yet even one yellow company since yellow is very individualistic and yeah being a bit progressive and meditating here and there a bit isn't gonna do much for ya.

Discipline and awareness when doing something you like at best mildly and isn't your highest purpose ? It's extremely tiring. You have no real freedom about your work hours and when your work happens and logistics (for instance going to the gym or eating healthy) gets really complicated.

If you ever get a even normal corporate 9-5 and try to get enlightened please write down a journal on how productive you are. Maybe you'll make it but that's for sure not the way I choose to do it.