Igor82

Is life purpose a milestone on the path of spirituality?

7 posts in this topic

Context: I am trying to find my life purpose though the lp course, bit I am also pursuing enlightenment. I percieve these two to be clashing in my lifestyle, Im striving to constantly improve my spiritual practises (started meditation a year ago, and now I meditate 50minutes daily + StrongDS), I want to implement kriya, and the more I meditate the more I feel like doing it, but here is the catch:

The sole reason I have this free time in the first place is by dropping out of school to prepair myself for the future (earning money with LP at best, trying hard to build a buisness (passive income) at worst. The sprituality suck alot of energy, like striving for more knowledge, ego backlashes, and the practises, and in this way I feel like its hindering me, and on top of that is that I have a belief that LP build up the ego, and if I integrate my LP then It would be much harder for me to chose to pursue enlightenment over my life purpose (I dont have a vision to die for yet).

The point: Ego is all about the negative emotions, truth hold the positive ones. Positive emotions comes from LP, by this logic it must be a milestone on the path!?

Question: Should my main struggle be the LP, enlightenment or both? Is it possible that one is on the road of the other or can I make it so?

I have been dealing with a VERY similar dilemma myself. Made a thread about it here. 

One of the forum members @Mu_ had some solid insight. What I myself and going to be trying to do is continuing to focus on my life purpose and the vision I have for it while simultaneously trying to continuing to expand my consciousness through things like meditation and shadow work. I totally understand your dilemma though as I am still conceptually finding it hard to balance the two. 

If the truth can't improve your body , mind , money situation and relationships. then , you are far away from the truth , true spirituality should improve all aspects of your life , from reading your post ,  it seems to me like your spirituality is a distraction from improving your life , which is totally ironic and silly , you could become a nihilist zen devil if you continued on this road , if you don't know what zen devil is , I recommend you watch leo's video about zen devil , everything you do can be spiritual , going to the gym can be spiritual  , reading a book can be spiritual , running a business can be spiritual , you don't master your spirituality by sitting on your ass all day meditating and not improving or interacting with the world , that's bs spirituality ! 

I don't think so. It can be but doesn't have to. Logistics might not line up though and it may be really hard to make any progress. Having this crappy job is like having weights tied to you when trying to swim across this vast ocean towards higher being.

14 hours ago, Igor82 said:

Context: I am trying to find my life purpose though the lp course, bit I am also pursuing enlightenment. I percieve these two to be clashing in my lifestyle, Im striving to constantly improve my spiritual practises (started meditation a year ago, and now I meditate 50minutes daily + StrongDS), I want to implement kriya, and the more I meditate the more I feel like doing it, but here is the catch:

The sole reason I have this free time in the first place is by dropping out of school to prepair myself for the future (earning money with LP at best, trying hard to build a buisness (passive income) at worst. The sprituality suck alot of energy, like striving for more knowledge, ego backlashes, and the practises, and in this way I feel like its hindering me, and on top of that is that I have a belief that LP build up the ego, and if I integrate my LP then It would be much harder for me to chose to pursue enlightenment over my life purpose (I dont have a vision to die for yet).

The point: Ego is all about the negative emotions, truth hold the positive ones. Positive emotions comes from LP, by this logic it must be a milestone on the path!?

Question: Should my main struggle be the LP, enlightenment or both? Is it possible that one is on the road of the other or can I make it so?

Hey Igor82,

A few things to avoid getting yourself stuck in some spirituality traps.  Ego is not all about the negative emotions, and truth the positive ones.  Thinking like this can get you into states in which you are going through something with negative emotions and you find yourself thinking your not on the path anymore, something is not in alignment or its something you call an ego.  Life, the path what ever you want to call it, is not always going to feel good, getting to a place where you can DEEPLY let that in will translate to suffering less about this whole thing called living.

LP and enlightenment are not exclusive, so don't worry about it.  If your feeling drawn to meditate, meditate, also remember you do need a form of income as well, so don't avoid that area of your life.  Dont worry about building a ego, its already there, your ego will appear along any endeavour, its up to you to get sucked in or not.

Every moment = life purpose. This is because your LP is something that brings you joy and happiness, which means if you can feel that in every moment then that is your LP. Everything else flows naturally.

As Jesus said, “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you”.

The kingdom of God is not a man in the clouds, it is in our hearts as Jesus always taught to his chelas.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

@Capital I do meditate partially because its practical for me, yes it improves some aspects of my life, such as focus, emotional mastery, confidence etc. This leads to improvement in certain aspects of life. I can with confidence say that my awareness is increasing due to meditation. Maybe my goas is wrong. I used to be very chill meditating before and enjoying it, and I didn't care how long it would take for me to enlighten, 20 years seemed just fine... now it don't. There is something rushing me, maybe it is Leo, maybe im afraid that he will outgrow me, he keeps saying that I need to implement all these stuff, but its hard man. Fuck, if I know that I would enlighten after 20 years of this 50min meditation daily, then I would not hurry for shit. I can find the balance between the implementation of spiritual practices and spiritual ambition, vs the implementation of personal development and life purpose, if one gets too much, the other one is threatened. 

Why am I rushing? Why am I rushing the process when I really shouldn't? I know that I will implement kriya, I have the intention to do so in the future. I know I will taste truth somehow, I will get my hands on 5-Meo in the future. I will have an epiphany, and then find motivation through that. Maybe my suffering comes from trying to speed up the process... I only have 18 months left, and I feel guilty if I rob myself too much time from doing the lp. What makes me feel guilty if I dont speed up my spiritual path... Its Leo, it must be Leo, if he wouldn't be whispering in my ear that if I dont do this and that, he will outgrow me and im gonna get fucked. I misinterpret his words to think that this is a sprint! :D @Mu_

Maybe the path that im taking is fast enough already, and if I try to make it faster I will suffer for it, like reading a book slowly (soaking it all in) vs reading a book really fast (skipping through).

Thanks for the replies guys, that made my oxytocin flow for sure!