DrewNows

Thoughts are not evil

18 posts in this topic

For a good while I was unaware I had adopted the belief  thoughts are "bad". I had been subtly resisting certain thoughts as I felt they were pointless, bad, or a hindrance to Enlightenment. Holding this belief not only seemed to breed negative thought patterns but rigidity/strictness, or a seriousness in my persona. Why would i think i could control my thoughts? But where do they come from and why do i tend to identify with them? 

Like many here I have been curious and determined to understand the AWAKENING PROCESS and what it may entail. I would like to share/discuss some information I came across in a Teal Swan video the other day. I recommend watching!

Takeaways:

Thought is just another one of our senses. It is a reaction of external stimuli and must match our frequency of vibration. 

Teal describes how a part of awakening is the expansion of all your other senses (tasting color, seeing sound, etc). And that the mind can be used as a mechanism for awakening. 

Viewing thought as being another one of our senses what does this mean for the way we experience reality? 

Please share your thoughts xD

@DrewNows "Bad" is a thought ;)

"Thought is a sense" is a thought.

"I" is a thought :o

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo GuraHmph those just look like words to me :D

btw I love thoughts, possibly a little too much!

Edited by DrewNows

Thought only causes problems when that same movement of time acts psychologically. Pretty crazy once we see how it works. Blew my mind when I saw this. O.o

3 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Thought only causes problems when that same movement of time acts psychologically. Pretty crazy once we see how it works. Blew my mind when I saw this. O.o

Is it not hard to let go of the continuous loop? Sometimes dat 13itch got me f@!#!$# up. 9_9

Just now, DrewNows said:

Is it not hard to let go of the continuous loop? Sometimes dat 13itch got me f@!#!$# up. 9_9

xDxDxDxD. Loop is like a ninja man:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Jack River said:

xDxDxDxD. Loop is like a ninja man:ph34r:

in order to kill the ninja, you must first become the ninja B|:ph34r:

4 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

in order to kill the ninja, you must first become the ninja B|:ph34r:

xDThe Ninja is you. The more you fight/try and kill the ninja, the more it’s illusory powers keep the fear flowing. The more we fight that ninja as if it were separate form “the me” the longer it lingers in the shadows. 

Edited by Jack River

Think of it this way: thoughts arise independently of the ego; the ego identifies with them AFTER they arise.

Also, by identifying, it shuts down complementary thoughts, creating an ego-shadow polarity.

So thoughts are not the issue, identification with them is.

5 minutes ago, Haumea2018 said:

So thoughts are not the issue, identification with them is.

Psychological time dude-:Dfragmentation. Identification with thought. 

Edited by Jack River

@Haumea2018Would you say the more awakened someone is the less thoughts arise? 

@Jack Riverfragmentation = identification with thoughts = psychological time? 

4 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Riverfragmentation = identification with thoughts = psychological time? 

Fo-sho:D

fragment-ation=divided movement

identification “with” thought = divided movement 

psychological time= divided movement of I am this but I want to be that. 

This one blew my f’ing mind brahxD

Edited by Jack River

They're not bad, but then they can get you sidetracked and ultimately unfocused. But the way to re-focus is not to ban them from your mind, but to let them go and slowly, thoughts don't come as often. 

@Jack River @SgtPepper Thank you! 

So a higher awareness breeds less arising thoughts? 

Does the compulsion of needing to think in order to achieve a desired outcome (subtle-fear conditioning?) fade away with surrender to being? 

Would you say the more awakened someone is the less thoughts arise? 

Let me put it this way: possibly as one becomes more awakened there are less thoughts, but it's not a necessary condition.

Frankly, an enlightened person just doesn't give a shit about whatever arises.  It's all natural, including thoughts, including negative emotions, and there's no "hook" to attach to any of it.  So it doesn't matter what comes up.

There's no need for it to be any different than what it is.  That's the major difference.

Edited by Haumea2018

8 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

So a higher awareness breeds less arising thoughts? 

Or we can keep it simple and say attention makes for less habitual compulsive indentification. From what I see bringing about quietness in my daily to day. 

Edited by Jack River

@Haumea2018 Awesome! appreciate this 

@Jack Riverbut Jack...my mind isn't that simple! Oh wait that's just another thought! Maybe it is :D 

Edited by DrewNows

1 minute ago, DrewNows said:

@Jack Riverbut Jack...my mind isn't that simple! Oh wait that's just another thought! :D 

xDmind is complicated as sh** fosho .. attention to what is not attention is curative brah. I am at this point now. It is totally necessary to know what isn’t attention . 

Edited by Jack River