ExodiaGearCEO

Digital journal or Physical journal?

5 posts in this topic

Hey, guys I want to start writing more in my journal. I was wondering what’s better a digital journal app you can download or a physical book journal? I like the app because you can post pictures onto your journal and it’s on your phone so it’s more convenient. But I also like writing on the book. Which one do you guys think? Thanks!

I actually contemplated this question seriously and came up with an answer for myself. I do both, 80% of time - digital, 20% of time - real life version, all for different purposes. But I advice you to go find out for yourself. I find using phone not very convenient unless for writing some quicky insight. But maybe I just have shitty phone who knows

I use Evernote on the phone to write quick, temporary notes, which I'll transfer later on the main digital journal (OneNote). I find the digital version to be more practical because I can write faster, brainstorm and better organize notes from different topics and purposes.

However sometimes I like to draw mindmaps and outlines on paper, so that I can visualize things better and modify them. I also find that physical journals gain a certain affective connotation, especially if you use them while traveling. It is as if the object recalls the good memories and emotional states you were in. To me it adds value to the experience.