SoonHei

What's the goal in Satsangs?

9 posts in this topic

just had a thought while watching one video

what exactly is the goal there? for the person asking the question, she said that she had already had a few awakenings/glimpses etc

yet mooji is asking her questions like, who watches the vibration that you say you feel? or like even that emotion you feel is watched... or the mind is watched etc

is the goal of that person attending satsang to try and get an awakening again in that moment? or is the goal to end the seeking?

like the person has already had the glimpse/awakening.. so she knows what her true nature is (maybe one forgets, or as the Ego comes back post awakening..) 

anyhow, just wanna know what's the purpose of the one asking questions usually, especially since they have already had their awakening... 

i guess the same goes with mooji's own sitting with papaji, when he's in attendance and asking him question, i am sure he had had his own awakenings prior to that... so he was seeking the end of the search? maybe that isnt the case for all... 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

Purpose of satsang is not to ask questions but to imbibe and marinate and mingle with a guru. :)

Tho it's just my opinion nothing more :)

One who cannot dance cannot live. Because life is dance

37 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Purpose of satsang is not to ask questions but to imbibe and marinate and mingle with a guru. :)

Tho it's just my opinion nothing more :)

agreed

but i mean the purpose of the questions which the guru is asking the seeker... what is the guru hoping for the seeker to find out?

- that she/he is not the body? (many already know and have experienced this) 

- or to have another awakening?

- or to have a deeper understanding and see thru and somehow end their seeking?

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

The real guru can often lay his state of enlightenment on his pupils through what is called Shaktipat. That is the real reason for a Satsang. For those who cannot receive the shakti, it can still be useful, because enlightenment tends to rub off somehow. 

Edited by Misagh

There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen! - Rumi