Aaron p

What is the purpose of meditation and what is the purpose of awareness?

28 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, BuddhaTree said:

Freedom from suffering, and discovering unbroken peace and bliss and the secrets of the universe. What else do you want?

@BuddhaTree why does it cause freedom from suffering, and revelation of peace?

10 hours ago, Feel Good said:

Meditation has solved your physical pain?

@Feel Good actually I do have to agree with him...I find that it becomes a lot easier to deal with physical pain when I realise that it's not me who's experiencing pain. It's actually quite pleasant

8 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Aaron p To  be  now, being presence / consciousness. Notice how you can remember thoughts & events from when you were a kid, and when you were a teenager. Notice how you can not remember the consciousness you experienced it through, because the consciousness, the now, never moved, never changed. The body & thoughts changed. See that the person and everything around it is moving through you, not you through it. 

@Nahm wow that's amazing. I can totally remember yesterdays body and yesterdays mind, I can even remember the thoughts that came to my mind when I became aware...but I can't remember the awareness itself. I don't know what it is lol. I think it's nothing 

2 hours ago, Aaron p said:

But I'm still thinking about what the actual purpose of awareness is.

@Aaron p You may be taking awareness for granted and looking right past it. Even a simple amoeba has a certain level of awareness to navigate within its environment or it would not survive.  Of course you as a human has a much higher level of awareness than an amoeba. Lets put it to the test.

5 hours ago, Aaron p said:

@Faceless @Faceless

I think your talking about something I found myself. I took a hold of a goal in my mind which was "to pursue enlightenment." But I had to let go of that goal to continue my pursuit of enlightenment. Is that what you mean?

When we have a goal to be achieved, is that not the same movement of contradictory activity that holds one in this false division in the first place?

Doesn’t this dualistic movement prevent wholeness from the very beginning in this pursuit?

How can dualistic action bring about anything other than division-contradiction, (incomplete/unholy-action)?

Edited by Faceless

8 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Doesn’t this dualistic movement prevent wholeness from the very beginning in this pursuit?

Right. Divided movement of thought. 

15 hours ago, Faceless said:

When we have a goal to be achieved, is that not the same movement of contradictory activity that holds one in this false division in the first place?

How can dualistic action bring about anything other than division-contradiction, (incomplete/unholy-action)?

Coz we is in the dual world and it’s the only vehicle we have until we don’t need it

22 hours ago, Faceless said:

Oh yeah! It’s so subtle dudexD