Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cortex

Meditation Amnesia And Losing Consciousness

8 posts in this topic

During my last meditation practice I've had amnesia like experience, I didn't remember what happend yesterday, or today, or what is happening at all, nothing, even for short period after opening my eyes I didn't know certain things about my surroundings, what could that mean 

@Cortex

Most likely that you got really present and the thinking mind quieted down.

@Cortex this can happen sometimes for a second or two after waking up from a dream.  Kind of a neat example of what is your identity. 

Edited by the_end_of_me

You probably went into some dreamlike state, are you sure you were you awake during the meditation?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Yes, it was 100% meditation as always 

1 hour ago, Cortex said:

During my last meditation practice I've had amnesia like experience, I didn't remember what happend yesterday, or today, or what is happening at all, nothing, even for short period after opening my eyes I didn't know certain things about my surroundings, what could that mean 

@Cortex Your seeing through the veil. There is no such thing as "the experiance of reality". So why should you hold on to it?  Or maybe you didn't go that far?:)

That's pretty interesting, I've gone that far, but I am curious if it was it or maybe something else 

@Cortex Only you would know for sure. Has it happened before under ordinary circumstances or mostly when you meditate?