Viking

what do you think of the buddhist tradition?

6 posts in this topic

is the best life the one without suffering? life without highs seems like a dull, shitty life, I want to experience a lot of high highs.

do you stop suffering by being not craving and not aversing?

does it really matter that stuff in consciousness is impermanent? even if a certain pleasure is impermanent, it can happen again and again, with higher frequency with time.

am i really supposed to not react to bodily sensations because stuff is impermanent?

im going to a vipassana retreat so im a little afraid to become dogmatic about this stuff, i contemlpated this stuff some time, want to know your opinions.

44 minutes ago, Viking said:

life without highs seems like a dull, shitty life

Up to his twenty-ninth year, Gautam Buddha had lived in tremendous luxury, surrounded by beautiful girls, beautiful palaces. The whole night was a celebration; the day was for rest, the night for dances. He had seen all that was possible in those days for a man of power and riches to see. 

His father, in trying to charm him into the material life, gave him all pleasures one could ask for, palaces for each season, the best of food and luxury, beautiful girls chosen from across the kingdom, all sick and old people banished from his sight etc.

Gautam Buddha enjoyed everything, then he became fed up with everything, he renounced all luxuries. Now, Buddhist tradition expect that we renounce all luxuries without becoming fed up like Gautam Buddha.

Buddha cannot laugh, cannot dance, cannot sing, cannot love. What kind of world it will become, if everyone behaves like Gautam Buddha?

Try studying Tantra instead. :)

Dont look at me! Look inside!

20 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Try studying Tantra instead. :)

why?

Here's the real scoop on enlightenment.

1) You feel everything, good, bad and neutral, but you don't resist any of it.

2) You still have desires, but they are not driven by the limited self/ego as a crutch or compensatory mechanism.

3) You are psychically integrated, both civilized and instinctual parts.

4) There's no paralyzing neurotic fear.

In a nutshell, it rocks.

If Buddhism fails to properly describe that, then it's either the writing or the translation or the interpretation of the translation or the audience it was originally directed at or some other reason.  I'm not a Buddhism scholar, so I don't know.

Edited by Haumea2018

@Viking It embraces both the inner and outer aspects of reality. As long as liberation comes first.

Dont look at me! Look inside!